1. oooooo's rating of the film The Misfits

2. Miguel Condeça's rating of the film The Misfits

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Misfits

On ne peut, en effet, parler de chef-d'oeuvre de cette histoire sombre où la potentialité du trio Gable / Clift et Monroe semble n'avoir jamais été vraiment exploitée par un John Huston cette fois-ci dépassé par son sujet... www.cinefiches.com

4. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Misfits

Some of us are Clark Gable, but most of us are Eli Wallach. We have no chance with Marilyn, and quite frankly she's not worth it. These are the doomed, dying, drunk and drug addled. Gable managed to out-act all these actors enamoured of Method acting.

5. Aardsy's rating of the film The Misfits

Strangers spanked me for keeps.

6. Khach Glauberrocha's rating of the film The Misfits

won't be easy to forget about this piece of movie it'll stand forever over here not only for the names of Monroe and Gable, but also for it's behind the movie story/life

7. ninfurs's rating of the film The Misfits

marilyn gave me goosebumps throughout. my heart has never been the same.

8. tumultodevozes's rating of the film The Misfits

9. Ethan's rating of the film The Misfits

This is one somber film in more ways than one as art kind of imitates life here. If I'm not mistaken this was the last film for Monroe, Gable, and Clift. If anything it was a hell of a last run.

10. msmichel's rating of the film The Misfits

An under sung gem from director John Huston and the pen of Arthur Miller that serves as a swansong for stars Gable and Monroe (perhaps never better here). Dialogue is aces throughout in an elegy for a vanishing world and the battered lonely souls who live within. Great supporting turns by Wallach, Clift and Thelma Ritter guided by a pro through a troubled production. Monroe and Clift's scene in the alley..magic.

11. Àlex Frias Haro's rating of the film The Misfits

Aunque a la mitad tiene algunos arranques melodramáticos, ver a tres leyendas del cine juntas en pantalla (Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe y Montgomery Clift), interpretando a tres almas perdidas, tratando de encontrarse a sí mismos en un paraje desértico, es invaluable. John Huston consiguió una de las más memorables secuencias del cine en la cacería de caballos mustang.

12. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Misfits

Fantastic cinematography, Monroe displays once again that she really could act, and the chemistry between the leads and Wallach is quite good. This one was a real surprise, ended up loving it. 4.5 stars

13. Thomas Henry Gould's rating of the film The Misfits

"How do you find your way back in the dark?" "Just head for that big star. It will take you home"

14. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film The Misfits

I watched this film recently at a vintage screening and I can't get it out of my mind.Theres something haunting about it ,beyond the fact that Monroe,Gable and Clift were all dead,with-in a few years of its release.All three characters and Wallachs Guido,are the real misfits of this story.Like the horses,their best years are behind them and only the knackers yard lies ahead.The ending offers hope,but theres no hope!

15. ShaVa's rating of the film The Misfits

Its nice to look at the beautiful people in it.but the film doesn't really work,

16. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Misfits

17. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Misfits

Wintry despite the heat of its setting, the leaden symbolism of its ending summing up this disappointingly dull, clunky and wordy film. The doomed pair of Clift and Monroe are compelling; if anything, the film's food for thought lies in the fact that Monroe was unable to outlive the naivety of her persona, and the film's real tragedy lies in emphasising the fact she would never have the chance to.

18. alcools's rating of the film The Misfits

"What makes you so sad? I think you're the saddest girl I ever met."

19. correy baldwin's rating of the film The Misfits

I went looking for a Marilyn Monroe film, and discovered this surprisingly intelligent critique of the American Dream. A group of not-so-bright, not-so-likeable folks play out the emptiness of their lives. Some overwrought script writing, but otherwise a rather striking film.

20. DVC's rating of the film The Misfits

Obra maestra. Interpretaciones excepcionales. Brutal la escena final de Marilyn Monroe con los caballos en el desierto. Auténticos "misfits"

21. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The Misfits

Immortale pellicola di Houston,che con una storia banalissima ed una regia attenta e capillare riesce a far rendere al meglio un cast stellare.I siparietti tra Marylin e Clark fanno sognare e l'ambientazione "selvaggia" contribuisce a creare quell'alone e quella nostalgia da "epoca classica". Un cinema che non c'è e non ci sarà più. Intramontabile.4*

22. M Klein's rating of the film The Misfits

Drunken, haunted Clark Gable.

23. Graeme Higginson's rating of the film The Misfits

In a way truer than almost anything else, in motion pictures there are ghosts. A legendary picture of the dead, moving and breathing, that stands consistent with the human qualities of its time and the few that have remained intact; as with all cinema of its kind, it's an experience of the greatest spiritual quality-- a distant vision glowing from the muddy keep of time lost, sublime, terrifying and haunting.

24. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film The Misfits

I like Huston's method of directing the actors by not telling them what to do. It works particularly well here because the actors are so much alike the characters they´re playing.