1. Ameille's rating of the film The Misfits

2. Jason's rating of the film The Misfits

Whether it is mere happenstance or genuine conceptual coup: THE MISFITS is almost earnestly about misfits and is certainly populated by three big-personality movie stars of a highly dysfunctional nature (w/ poor Eli Wallach). Watching the movie will always be informed by the clusterfuck that was its production. This is approximately the point at which Huston had mastered his very individual stylized naturalism.

3. João R's rating of the film The Misfits

Such a heated yet warming story. It stood out to me, and I may be reading too much into it as I don't know if it was true for the rest of the cast, that the script included very specific personal aspects (e.g., her upbringing, relationship with her mother, her insecurities) that truly felt like attacks on Marilyn. You can really sense the tension in this movie, on different levels.

4. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Misfits

"If it weren't for the nervous people in the world we'd all still be eating each other."

5. oooooo's rating of the film The Misfits

6. Miguel Condeça's rating of the film The Misfits

7. FISCHER's rating of the film The Misfits

On ne peut, en effet, parler de chef-d'oeuvre de cette histoire sombre où la potentialité du trio Gable / Clift et Monroe semble n'avoir jamais été vraiment exploitée par un John Huston cette fois-ci dépassé par son sujet... www.cinefiches.com

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Misfits

Some of us are Clark Gable, but most of us are Eli Wallach. We have no chance with Marilyn, and quite frankly she's not worth it. These are the doomed, dying, drunk and drug addled. Gable managed to out-act all these actors enamoured of Method acting.

9. Aardsy's rating of the film The Misfits

Strangers spanked me for keeps.

10. Khach Aloyan's rating of the film The Misfits

won't be easy to forget about this piece of movie it'll stand forever over here not only for the names of Monroe and Gable, but also for it's behind the movie story/life

11. ninfurs's rating of the film The Misfits

marilyn gave me goosebumps throughout. my heart has never been the same.

12. tumultodevozes's rating of the film The Misfits

13. Ethan's rating of the film The Misfits

This is one somber film in more ways than one as art kind of imitates life here. If I'm not mistaken this was the last film for Monroe, Gable, and Clift. If anything it was a hell of a last run.

14. msmichel's rating of the film The Misfits

An under sung gem from director John Huston and the pen of Arthur Miller that serves as a swansong for stars Gable and Monroe (perhaps never better here). Dialogue is aces throughout in an elegy for a vanishing world and the battered lonely souls who live within. Great supporting turns by Wallach, Clift and Thelma Ritter guided by a pro through a troubled production. Monroe and Clift's scene in the alley..magic.

15. Àlex Frias Haro's rating of the film The Misfits

Aunque a la mitad tiene algunos arranques melodramáticos, ver a tres leyendas del cine juntas en pantalla (Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe y Montgomery Clift), interpretando a tres almas perdidas, tratando de encontrarse a sí mismos en un paraje desértico, es invaluable. John Huston consiguió una de las más memorables secuencias del cine en la cacería de caballos mustang.

16. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Misfits

Fantastic cinematography, Monroe displays once again that she really could act, and the chemistry between the leads and Wallach is quite good. This one was a real surprise, ended up loving it. 4.5 stars

17. Thomas Henry Gould's rating of the film The Misfits

"How do you find your way back in the dark?" "Just head for that big star. It will take you home"

18. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film The Misfits

I watched this film recently at a vintage screening and I can't get it out of my mind.Theres something haunting about it ,beyond the fact that Monroe,Gable and Clift were all dead,with-in a few years of its release.All three characters and Wallachs Guido,are the real misfits of this story.Like the horses,their best years are behind them and only the knackers yard lies ahead.The ending offers hope,but theres no hope!

19. ShaVa's rating of the film The Misfits

Its nice to look at the beautiful people in it.but the film doesn't really work,

20. CafeGradiva's rating of the film The Misfits

21. Howard Orr's rating of the film The Misfits

Wintry despite the heat of its setting, the leaden symbolism of its ending summing up this disappointingly dull, clunky and wordy film. The doomed pair of Clift and Monroe are compelling; if anything, the film's food for thought lies in the fact that Monroe was unable to outlive the naivety of her persona, and the film's real tragedy lies in emphasising the fact she would never have the chance to.

22. alcools's rating of the film The Misfits

"What makes you so sad? I think you're the saddest girl I ever met."

23. correy baldwin's rating of the film The Misfits

I went looking for a Marilyn Monroe film, and discovered this surprisingly intelligent critique of the American Dream. A group of not-so-bright, not-so-likeable folks play out the emptiness of their lives. Some overwrought script writing, but otherwise a rather striking film.

24. DVC's rating of the film The Misfits

Obra maestra. Interpretaciones excepcionales. Brutal la escena final de Marilyn Monroe con los caballos en el desierto. Auténticos "misfits"