1. Jason's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

Despite the presence of Arthur Penn, New Hollywood royalty himself, at the helm, and two stars of unquestionably major power (star power and high performance in general), to me the real star of THE MISSOURI BREAKS is screenwriter (and novelist, short story writer) Thomas McGuane. This is lithe living language of the Montana frontier, and nobody sets such language in play quite like McGuane. This bastard sings, baby.

2. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

3. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

I've never seen an actor ruin a movie quite so thoroughly as Marlon Brando does here. And he does it intentionally.

4. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

5. msmichel's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

Unfocused, miscalculated and poorly written frontier film wasting the talents of both cast and crew. Brando gives one his later histrionic performances and seems to be in a totally different film than anyone else. Nicholson really not much better in the miscast department here, only Harry Dean Stanton comes off well in a showier performance than norm. Final campfire scene memorable for rich lighting and framing.

6. Pierre's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

Brando shows how a person can have a gift and utter contempt for the profession. His "performance" in this film is half baked and all crazy. Watch it once, but don't go in thinking this will be a great film. I feel badly that Arthur Penn had to deal with him.

7. Dollyrkr's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

"You know why you just woke up? I just cut your throat."

8. joey Noodles's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

I would give it 4 1/2 if I could but I edged it to 5, I really loved it.

9. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

The film is a fascinating one, if you care to reflect on it. Yet, critics dismissed it when it was released. My full analysis appears at http://moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2012/08/131-us-director-arthur-penns-missouri.html

10. Wortzik's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

Perhaps one of the biggest disappointments ever created. A little bit enjoyable but when you see as stars Brando, Nicholson, Randy Quaid, Harry Dean Stanton and Frederic Forrest, all directed by Arthur Penn, you gotta hope for more. Too bad it didn't delivered in the measure we needed.

11. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

Moving at a polio-ridden snail's pace, this baroque western really tests the notion that hindsight determines what is art & what isn't. Nevertheless, the performances of Jack Nicholson and espcially Marlon Brando are the reason to see this.

12. Edward Copeland's rating of the film The Missouri Breaks

Sometimes, few things can be as compulsively watchable as Marlon Brando when he's gone off the deep end in a role. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2009/10/arthur-penn-missouri-breaks.html