1. Zanna Walsh's rating of the film The Mist

Another classic. I had forgotten how brutal this film is. The real face of humanity under the cosh of things from another world. Great suspense, fab acting, lovely to see those TWD actors all shiny and new. I would like to think if I was stuck in my local Aldi while the mist came in and it all kicked off that we would all work together, while frequently visiting the booze aisle. But, Steven King knows best. Brutal.

2. Pango's rating of the film The Mist

Wow! Didn't expect that at all. Very strong script, very good depiction of religious fanaticism, really devastating ending. Shame for the terrible CGI, it would have looks nicer if they would have actually made those creature like in a Cronenberg's film. Another downside the very uninteresting main character, however Marcia Gay Harden gives a great performance.

3. Tja's rating of the film The Mist

A B-movie posing as a main feature. Toby Jones - what were you thinking of? Those tentacles have seen better days. So much dry ice and too much time at 2 hours 7 minutes. The end is nigh, but not nigh enough.

4. milesejoseph's rating of the film The Mist

Dated and clumsy dialogue but the ending redeemed itself.

5. Lilliom's rating of the film The Mist

Love it. Yes, it's basic, the acting really bad, and a whole feel of carton-pate but still it works a treat, and the ending is perfect.

6. Robert H's rating of the film The Mist

A intense and thrilling action film which could be overlooked or discarded if you knew it was adapted from Stephen King. What transpires is a well-executed and admirable tale of humanity and pride, ignorance and belief. The cast seem taken right from The Walking Dead universe which isn't too easy to ignore, but the ending is raw and rarely pulled-off so well. Highly recommended.

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Mist

The Mist is a great genre film (sci-fi/horror/thriller) but a genre film it remains. Conventions are adhered to with a conviction that rejects ironic portrayals often found since the advent of cinematic post-modernism. To each to their own - competent, gripping entertainment? Yes. A cinematic masterpiece? No.

8. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Mist

Frank Darabont presents us with yet another adaptation of Stephen King's work (this time it's a novella featured in the "Skeleton Crew" collection) and manages to overcome the odds to make it three for three when it comes to good movies based on the author's writing, no mean feat when considering how many bad movies have been released simply because people could attach King's name to them.

9. jstuehler+test's rating of the film The Mist

10. Adam GR's rating of the film The Mist

Really bad. Missable SyFy programming. Frank Darabont should not be in a leadership position. The eclectic cast manage to stay in their static characters. I think Andre Braugher just walked off set. Definition of manipulation.

11. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Mist

Great characterization makes me interested in the people and if they will end up as survivors or creature food in one of the more effective monster movies. The ending will split it's audience in two but don't tell me it don't have a lasting devastating impact on you.

12. Terry_Moby's rating of the film The Mist

13. Axel's rating of the film The Mist

An ending like you have never seen an ending before.

14. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film The Mist

Still love this! Fantastic pacing and script. Been a while since I've seen it and recognise so many people who went into other things (the expanse, walking dead, man in high castle, Brooklyn nine). Great cast. Love darabont king collaborations. Powerful ending still! Only downside is effects not aged well, I don't remember them being all that high end but fine for the budget

15. Addy K.'s rating of the film The Mist

THE MIST in b&w (director's preference) puts drama front-and-center. It has the added benefit of making the CGI monsters look less cheesy. Darabont's writing is rigorous (even bit-part players get their dues); combine that with solid direction. Religious fanaticism debate is simplistic albeit scarily relevant. The "artist" as de-facto savior is low-hanging fruit, but Tom Jane makes it real. And that ending? Cruel.

16. João R's rating of the film The Mist

The notion that these are the stories of the possibly most well-known and beloved horror author of this generation is inconceivable to me.

17. Z's rating of the film The Mist

Darabont once again proves himself to be the preeminent cinematic adapter of Stephen King's work. King was always good at creating indelible characters you came to love and then putting those characters through a nightmare. The characters in the film are richly drawn, you warm to them and then you watch as they suffer a nightmare scenario with no hope of escape or rescue. Darabont's narrative command rivals King's.

18. Bernardo_Rodrigues's rating of the film The Mist

"As long as the machines are working and you can dial 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, you scare the shit out of them, no more rules. You'll see how primitive they can get."

19. tenonder's rating of the film The Mist

20. duncsbailey's rating of the film The Mist

Possibly the greatest ending of any movie ever; an exceptionally brave choice. This is one of those films that has stuck with me for years and I still think about it on a regular basis. If you're going to watch it make sure you watch the black & white version. It was this version that Frank Darabont wanted to receive a cinematic release but the studio and distributor refused.

21. abyantama's rating of the film The Mist

22. film_lies101's rating of the film The Mist

I prefer this over Carpenter's 'The Fog'. There I said it

23. Scharl's rating of the film The Mist

The film itself is meh, you either love or hate the ending.

24. Daniel Garcia's rating of the film The Mist