1. Thomas's rating of the film The Model Couple

Interesting premise, if unoriginal, but the idea soon wears thin. Some good looking furniture though.

2. Tibulle85's rating of the film The Model Couple

Grosse déception pour ma part...Est-ce parce que les ficelles sont trop grosses? Alors que le film a de grosses similarités avec Polly Maggoo (ce jeu regardants/regardés, la critique des médias, etc.), je l'ai trouvé bcp moins inventif et très long sur certaines séquences; j'ai d'ailleurs dû me faire violence pour aller jusqu'à la fin. Cela aurait été sans doute un bien meilleur film s'il n'avait fait qu'une heure.

3. msmichel's rating of the film The Model Couple

Like most of Klein's work the initial -premise is great but eventual collapses from tedium and length. Performances are good and again the concept seems way ahead of its eventual time. 'Look at the perfect human. Watch the perfect human.'.

4. Eugénie's rating of the film The Model Couple

Extrêmement intéressant, fantaisiste et malheureusement visionnaire. Ce film traite un sujet qui lui paraît absurde et irréaliste et qui pourtant est devenu réalité.

5. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film The Model Couple

6. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film The Model Couple

Ha ! Ces années 70 !... Film particulièrement sympathique... mais la démarche est tellement évidente que plus de cynisme, de parodie, de rythme auraient été bienvenus. À quand une expérience actuelle avec une tinderwoman ne comprenant pas le mode d'emploi d'un Moulinex...?

7. Michael King's rating of the film The Model Couple

Thought this was a pretty fine film and was enjoying it all the way through but the last 15 minutes with those kids was absolutely awful. Good film that just lets itself down a little late on for my money.

8. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Model Couple

Debordian story with awesome Kartel furniture and ok costumes by Anges B. Alas, not really good.

9. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film The Model Couple

I liked the black humor in the film and the director's to-the-point predictions on today's societies and governments.

10. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Model Couple

I gave one star for "Polly Maggoo", but this one is really great, ahead of it's time, predicted the "reality t.v" series from the 90's and 00's. Great piece of movie, political, intelligent, funny.

11. bartkl's rating of the film The Model Couple

A clumsy, almost amateurish production, yet not without charm. Its style is without doubt one of a kind and even though I did not find it highly aesthetically pleasing, it is particular and fun. I'm equally unsure about the deeper layer of the film: the experiment feels a bit inefficient to me in terms of what it seems to try proving and it all feels a bit awry. All in all it was a fun watch, but not much more.

12. Tia's rating of the film The Model Couple

wow, what a piece shit. French people should be banned from making any more movies for at least 60 years. Holy shit was this made by little french kids? Is it for kids? Did I watch a kids movie?

13. captainfez's rating of the film The Model Couple

Patchy, but still better than Big Brother.

14. Richard Doyle's rating of the film The Model Couple

An average couple are chosen to live in a technologically advanced "perfect" apartment. In exchange for room and board, they are observed 24 hours by a research team and the footage is broadcast on TV for the public to consume. An impressively prophetic wild social satire by American ex-pat photographer/film director William Klein. Tonally similar to his earlier films.

15. David R Williams's rating of the film The Model Couple

Following the subversity of "Mr. Freedom" with its razor sharp critique of imperialist American foreign policy during the Vietnam era (which continues to this day) and "Who Are You, Polly Maggoo?"'s vicious attack on the world of fashion, cultural pretensions and the cult of personality....this was a bit of a let down. Possibly had I seen it at the time (1977) I'd feel different but reality TV killed it for me.

16. thomazyuji's rating of the film The Model Couple

Brilhante filme onde Klein cria um mundo distópico em que padrões de comportamento e compulsivas obsessões são colocadas em cheque. Uma verdadeira repaginação da obra-prima de George Orwell, 1984, com um enfoque em como o totalitarismo molda experimentos distorcidos, como o Experimento de Milgram para entender condutas humanas e usá-los como massa de manobra.

17. Sidereus's rating of the film The Model Couple

A mix between 'The Truman show' and cheap Big Brother. With a kind of fable about the consumer society

18. Honeychurch's rating of the film The Model Couple

who knew young naked André Dussollier was so adorable?

19. Keesjan De Vries's rating of the film The Model Couple

I regret watching this film. It may be funny if you're in a cynical vibe, but it was not for me.

20. cabecassis's rating of the film The Model Couple

toujours aussi incisif et juste

21. Superfrog's rating of the film The Model Couple

Many moments of brilliance, but finishes being a film of performances rather than a well tied together piece. Some of the subjects that are treated, like the neo-classical economy against fairness are very well managed if probably in a way that will only be picked up by those already interested.

22. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Model Couple

Chef d'oeuvre remis en lumière, Le Couple Témoin peut se comparer au Candide de Voltaire ou à 1984 de Orwell: 1 illustration drôle & profonde de la société du spectacle de DEBORD, la téléréalité & la politique. == Masterpiece brought to light, the Model Couple is the equivalent of Voltaire's Candide or Orwell's1984: a funny, but dramatic foreshadowing on the society of the spectacle, TVreality & politics. Thanks MUBI

23. siobhantebbs's rating of the film The Model Couple

Playfully dystopian. Couldn't stop laughing when they were wired up and told to express their feelings in numbers.

24. Jay Rivera's rating of the film The Model Couple

Impresionante la intemporalidad de este film.