1. Rocco's rating of the film The Monster Squad

Like a ghoulish variation on The Goonies with half the heart and twice the sardonic humor.

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The Monster Squad

The same sort of smug and elitist humor of Dekker's Night of the Creeps, but while it feels smarmy in that film, it's permissible here due to it feeling more aimed at children, and having the kids as the main characters. Black's screenplay packs so many great scenes, memorable lines, action set-pieces, and memorable characters into a scant runtime of 82 minutes. Probably the best of all kiddie-horror films.

3. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The Monster Squad

A very fun and entertaining movie that comes across as the bastard child of The Goonies, The Lost Boys and Fright Night. The difference from those movies lies is in the quite splintered tone a plotting of TMS. The movie stumbles more than once in finding its footing. Still the casting and acting is mostly spot on and the fx, score and production design is great. A really fun nostalgia trip, but not a great one.

4. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Monster Squad

Imagine Shane Black, the screenwriting god behind "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," penned a kids movie - in which said kids go up against a bevy of classic movie monsters - with the same kind of rapid-fire quips and memorable character beats of his more famous action movie work. Well, you don't need to imagine it, it exists, and hopefully that explains why "Monster Squad" has been an absolute favorite of mine since childhood.

5. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film The Monster Squad

Una de las películas más entretenidas que he visto en mucho tiempo gracias a unos personajes apenas esbozados pero entrañables, un guión con un sentido de la progresión increíble y un agudo sentido del humor. Geniales los chistes acerca del hombre lobo. Tom Noonan llega realmente a conmover en su caracterización de la criatura del Dr. Frankenstein.

6. runfromfire's rating of the film The Monster Squad

No, it's not really a five star flick but imma rate it five stars on nostalgia alone. Also, totally didn't realize Shane Black wrote this. Neat.

7. Ilona Buffet's rating of the film The Monster Squad

I love how everything can be solved by dynamite. Camp4lyfe

8. daniel Russell's rating of the film The Monster Squad

Fred Dekker (director of Night Of The Creeps) made this homage to Our Gang and the Universal monsters. It is such an 80's time capsule it almost feels too perfect to actually have been released during 1987. One of those rare cases where this was my favorite movie during my childhood and it still my favorite movie as an adult. Rudy is the coolest character ever: "I'm in the goddamn club aren't I?"

9. Lourenço Crespo's rating of the film The Monster Squad

10. _cmb's rating of the film The Monster Squad

so many deliciously memorable moments <3 funny & endearing, with all its absurdity

11. NICOLE86's rating of the film The Monster Squad

12. Kyra W's rating of the film The Monster Squad

I can see how this would be fun in the 80's. I went into it hoping for, like, some great timeless comedy but timeless it is not.

13. el.'s rating of the film The Monster Squad

Wish every kid everywhere got a chance to watch it. Kids need to grow up on stuff like this - monsters are the best of fun! Also, the Creature is brilliant.

14. claudiaaraujo's rating of the film The Monster Squad

It had its funny moments...probably would have enjoyed it more if I was a kid.

15. dave gunn's rating of the film The Monster Squad

It's like an actual child wrote this script; and I'm not saying that's a bad thing. With the exception of Dracula (whose traditional get-up will always be flamboyant and lame looking), the monsters in this are put together really well. The Mummy unraveling into nothing was awesome. An overall fun movie.

16. Janae's rating of the film The Monster Squad

17. Ricky Robertson Jr.'s rating of the film The Monster Squad

The Universal Monsters resurrected in a pure 80's blast that's full of personality and hilarious moments. Had someone mentioned Stan Winston and Shane Black instead of just "wolfman's nards" all these years, I would've watched it much sooner.

18. film_lies101's rating of the film The Monster Squad

What is this Nick Jr. BULLSHIT?

19. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Monster Squad

20. Ryan327's rating of the film The Monster Squad

21. Pymo's rating of the film The Monster Squad

22. NenaNadine's rating of the film The Monster Squad

23. Algitya's rating of the film The Monster Squad

What's cooler than havin' a boy who had a River Phoenix's face wears a shirt that writes "Stephen Kings Rule The World "in some kind of horror-homage films ?

24. Don't Get Nasty Brother's rating of the film The Monster Squad

J.J. Abrams falló en otorgarle a Super 8 lo que a The Monster Squad le sobra, que es un cierto elemento de ingenuidad. Eso y que el elemento (melo)dramático en Squad está mejor dosificado. Comparaciones aparte, creo que el tema de los monstruos clásicos tienen un atractivo casi instantáneo, allí Fred Dekker y Shane Black la pegaron del techo. Aunque sea por motivos de nostalgia, esta va altamente recomendada.