1. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

As terrifying and megalomaniac as characters like Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald from "Fitzcarraldo" or Daniel Plainview in "There Will Be Blood", Harrison Ford plays Allie Fox with perhaps even more subtlety. For instance, we all know Ford too well as a well-intended charismatic figure. Weir delivers a captivating study of paranoia, ambition, faith and questions how far can we trust someone we love.

2. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

Nice premise but the cheese and form is terrible.

3. Leif Erikson's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

Right now Francis, someone in America is pushing an electric squeezer down a garbage disposal and saying it's busted. Somebody else is opening a can of chocolate-flavored soup 'cause the car wouldn't start, to eat out - they really wanted a cheeseburger.

4. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

Filosofico come pochi, anticipatore della caduta dell'URSS, messa in guardia contro il tradimento del sacerdozio intellettuale dei tecnici... Da vedere

5. pirri's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

6. Bahana Damayana's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

I'm a fan of Harrison Ford works, and this was simply put, no competition, his most brilliant role.

7. camille's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

8. Algitya's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

9. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

10. Harry Rossi's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

I thought this was pretty impressive, especially Ford's performance. The sets were fantastic as well as the cinematography and the story pretty interesting. Could have been about 20 minutes shorter however.

11. olivia marion's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

"I think about you when I got to the bathroom." ...well I know what my new pickup line is going to be.

12. Maximilian XXI's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

Really impressive in so many ways... I personally can't see why Ford is considered "miscast" here - he's excellent, and true to Allie Fox.

13. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

A good performance for Ford, standing out from his usual stand-up guy roles, yet it just doesn't grab as much as other stories from Weir or Schrader. It feels more like a tracing than an actual portrayal of a man going down, down, down.

14. Roscoe's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

A shame, a tamed down version of Paul Theroux's astonishing and frightening novel. A miscast Harrison Ford is in way way way over his head in this misfire.

15. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film The Mosquito Coast

Harrison Ford plays one of the scariest characters I've ever seen - that kind of relentlessness is terrifying.