1. naokoken's rating of the film The Most Important Thing in Life Is Not Being Dead

"Hey, who's telling the story here, you or me, eh missy?" Opening credits made me think Escher meets Shaun Tan's The Arrival. "I've been having dreams that seem very real even after waking up." With the sheep dreams I think Gilliam meets Murkami. "Isn't it amazing to contemplate the stars knowing they are just a reflection of something that is no longer?" Liszt piano and The Finches' Last Favor fantastic choices.

2. Feng Ling's rating of the film The Most Important Thing in Life Is Not Being Dead

Visually stunning, but the story is absolutely gut retching. The lack of respect of not telling the truth until the last minute before his insanity is so selfishly despicable. & on privacy... I much prefer total transparency. Sure the authority can abuse its power on citizens, but with privacy the powerful can conceal better anyway. An ideal life is true to oneself and lived without fear of humiliation.

3. John Woodall's rating of the film The Most Important Thing in Life Is Not Being Dead

Incredibly unique and captivating movie. Something that I'll definitely remember and come back to. Besides the story, there was some really great and creative editing, especially in the color vs. black and white scenes. The music was great until the end, which felt out of place in the context of everything that preceded it.

4. David R Williams's rating of the film The Most Important Thing in Life Is Not Being Dead

When I find myself shaking my head in wonder and disbelief and sheer admiration... I know I am in the presence of greatness...and there is greatness in this film.

5. Omus's rating of the film The Most Important Thing in Life Is Not Being Dead

Sometimes a movie leaves you with a big goofy grin on your face. It reminded me of a mish mash of Wes Anderson and early Tim Burton. The first name on the thank you list? Wes Anderson.

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Most Important Thing in Life Is Not Being Dead

This is really 2.5 stars because some of the music was atrocious and tried to impose its meaning on the proceedings. The most important thing in life is showing up. Very rich in character.

7. Gnostalgick's rating of the film The Most Important Thing in Life Is Not Being Dead

3.5 stars really. If you like old films, silly, dreamy Fellini & don't require anything more, you'll enjoy this. Well film & acted despite its unbelievable premise.

8. David Richards's rating of the film The Most Important Thing in Life Is Not Being Dead

An interesting and witty story along with memorable images made this an enjoyable experience. The film also featured inventive animated credits and a strong soundtrack.