1. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

Kind of like "Never Let Me Go" by way of Jean Rollin. It's kind of too stupid by the end, but still worth watching if you can remain unfazed by some standard teen horror tropes

2. snowjade's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

so disappointing... i loved this book, and i love lily cole and sarah gadon, but this film fell completely flat

3. Ruby's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

The only real good aspect of this film was Lily Cole as a vampire, she was amazingly eerie and ethereal. The rest of the film was just average.

4. msmichel's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

Oh to be a teenage girl again, the jealousies, the angst, the burgeoning sexuality, the vampires.....Silly and frankly often boring tale from the Rachel Klein novel that wants to be so much more than it is.Sarah Bolger well cast in the lead with good support from Sarah Gadon but found Lily Cole to be over-rated here and the teachers about as visible as Charlie Brown's teacher. Atmosperhic but empty.

5. Rocketeam's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

At least the vampire didn't sparkle on the sunlight...

6. a Smith's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

Very poor progression; the writer(s) were clearly at a loss as how to adapt the book, whether due to a lack of skill or time, I don't know. The leading actors are not great, but not bad while the supporting cast is mostly not good. Visually, this is pretty, but unremarkable. Despite the en vogue elements, it has the potential to be better than it is.

7. Igor Leoni's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

So Mary Harron is directing 'Twilight' movies now?

8. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

well, it's not so captivating in the end but at least it has a certain visual aesthetic and I really like the way that the literary references are used,it's nice to see some characters surrounded with books once in a while.and it's not bad at all considering the other dozens of weak examples of the genre.

9. C's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

Uneven, but way better and more interesting than most reviews/its rating here would suggest.

10. Ally's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

I would have gobbled this up when I was 14, but I'm not 14, I'm 21 and my attention wavered throughout it. It felt very choppy, and I blame that for the actresses' poor performances – which is disappointing because it had a lot of potential to be ethereal and haunting in the same respect as "Let the Right One In".

11. Dizzydent's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

Oh Mary Harron, what were you thinking?!

12. HKFanatic's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

One of those rare films that carries an "R" rating while its dialogue and subject matter make it clear the story is aimed squarely at young teenage girls. Truthfully, the film deals with potent themes of jealousy and friendship that are relevant no matter what age you are. Hell: take away the vampire element, add a soundtrack by Goblin, and "Moth Diaries" could easily fit into Dario Argento's Eighties oeuvre.

13. J. O.'s rating of the film The Moth Diaries

With Mary Harron at the wheel, it is extra unforunate to see such a promising project fall so flat. An isolated Gothic boarding school, the anxieties and angst of teenage years, supernatural mystery - all goes to waste with spotty acting and cheap effects. There were some very atmospheric moments (raining blood in the library, for example), but otherwise there was very little that stood out.

14. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

This film, more than any other movie I've ever seen, captures the feeling of a modern Young Adult novel; as such it's more than a little tepid, flirts with dark imagery, and completely ordinary. I commend Harron for making a film for/about teenage girls, but I do wish she brought some of her biting, nearly balletic sense of pop satire.

15. speakingparts's rating of the film The Moth Diaries

from venice: awkward, unintentionally ridiculous, Twilight-esque