1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Mourning Forest

They both lost someone and got lost in the forest. Recommended.

3. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

6. Nathan Goldman's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

water has been a common motif in all forms of art throughout history but there are very few people who really Get It the way that naomi kawase does

7. JVG's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

Naomi Kawase falls deeper into her own cinematographic style, losing some plenitude but polishing her aesthetic accomplishments to the maximum. Nature becomes the protagonist of this riveting film, full of beautiful images and enlivened by a lyrical reflection on life and aging.

8. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

Beautiful and poetic. The first half introduces main characters, especially Machiko who lost her child. The second half developes the relationship of two main character, when they went into the forest. Some scenes is unforgettable. Yeah, it's slow but worth watching. A true gem.

9. Ostermyers's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

Thank you, madame Kawase ! "Mafuyu no seiza kara mai-ochita shiroi koi. mune no oku ni furi-tsumoru. Kokoro ni shimite namida ni naru."

10. kopfkompass's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

A very quiet an poetic movie full of beautiful pictures. It did not catch me completely anyway because it was a little bit too slow for my taste.

11. Sanjib Dey's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

This film is haunting & poetic at the same time. The visuals are amazing. One of the most powerful movies of the last decade.

12. Ann's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

Le son du vent bruissant dans les feuillages ; des regards furtifs qui se croisent a peine ; des gestes brusques mais sinceres. Avant toute chose, le silence dans sa purete et son immensite. Un film comme une vraie bouffee d oxygene, a respirer de toute urgence en cas d asphyxie urbaine.

13. jolo's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

Beautiful and calm. I love how the irony of the situation between Shigeki and Machiko was portrayed. A lot of lesson about life can be obtained from this film.

14. Lorna Singh's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

Was this film really a winner at Cannes?It started out well,with characters that were sure to hold our attention.But,we didn't really get to know them. Pity,because it could have given us much to think about-----old age,death,grief and moving on.

15. Eduardo A.'s rating of the film The Mourning Forest

Amazing. Great movie. After seen it (about two years or so) I was like: "Oh well, maybe Japan is more than manga, samurai and sushi". And now Japanese cinema is my favorite.

16. vincentbergerond@gmail.com's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

Another good taste slow movie that the Cannes festival love to encourage. But where's the subversion ? It plays out like glitch techno after ten years of finding out how the original music makers made their sound.

17. KarstenM's rating of the film The Mourning Forest

A beautiful tale, that completely sweeped me off my feet emotionally - when I caught a screening of it at Karlovy Vary International Film Festival back in 2007. The relationship between Shigeki and Machiko develops with such calm poetry, and the affection they have for each other is both utterly believable and strangely painful in its raw honesty. A true gem, this film. Check it out.