1. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Mummy

The ominous Karloff has an ideal partner in beautiful, troubled Zita Johann. Simply the best version of this story.

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Mummy

Se entiende que para estas alturas, lo que entonces dio miedo, hoy no es más que un referente lejano del género. Sin embargo, lo cierto es que el despertar de este monstruo es una escena tétrica. El brillo de uno de los oculares de la momia mientras que un personaje le da la espalda, eriza la piel. Por lo resto, me llama la curiosidad el origen de este antagónico. Al igual que los góticos literarios, fue un romántico

3. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film The Mummy

Good story, good script, good performances. Where was the director? This is so much more plain than it ought to be.

4. msmichel's rating of the film The Mummy

Classic Universal horror film may well be a little creaky some eight and a half decades later but its' iconic turn by Karloff will never grow old. Great cinematographer Karl Freund's debut as a director lacked the visual flourish he showed under other directors but had great atmosphere throughout. Those eyes!

5. FISCHER's rating of the film The Mummy

Un classique du cinéma fantastique avec un étonnant Boris Karloff ! www.cinefiches.com

6. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Mummy

Just an excellent horror and my fav of the Universal horrors, with Invisible Man right there at no 2. I flip flop on what is my fav, but having recently watched this one again, it has reclaimed the top spot. Karloff is excellent, the mummy makeup legendary and ahead of its time, and Freund brings his Expressionist ways to the film adding an even creepier undertone. No real weak spots here. Essential for horror fans

7. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Mummy

8. Mariano Vitti's rating of the film The Mummy

La vi más de 10 veces, todo un clásico. Impresionante Boris Karloff

9. Rocco's rating of the film The Mummy

Tells a similar story to Dracula but does it so much better.

10. Xiu's rating of the film The Mummy

11. bartkl's rating of the film The Mummy

Historically interesting early entertainment work, but not my kind at all. I disliked just about everything, except perhaps for the awakening of Inhotep. I've seen much more interesting films from this era, which weren't as poorly directed too.

12. Matthew Horvath's rating of the film The Mummy

The other great Universal Monster-opus of the early '30's ... and also the weirdest, in a way. Karl Freund imbues the film with a strange dream-like quality! And the dude knew where to place a camera for maximum effect. I mean, look at the shot above of "Karloff the Uncanny!" I love Karloff's controlled movements in this film ... as if his decrepit body holds too much power to properly contain itself!

13. Karthik's rating of the film The Mummy

One of my favorite (if not for the very mannered Mr Manners) versions of the Orpheus myth, perhaps the central myth of cinema. Gorgeous photography.

14. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film The Mummy

No the best of Universal Monsters Series, but the Karloff performance saves the picture!

15. T. J. Harman's rating of the film The Mummy

Karloff's makeup artist and his own performance are what make this film. Its a fine late night watch for people who like old movies like this but not as fine as the best Universal monster films by Whale and Browning.

16. mjgildea's rating of the film The Mummy

The Mummy is much better than I remember. Boris Karloff's performance (even through the makeup) was spectacular and Zita Johann was mesmerizing. While I wasn't nuts about how the flashback was presented, the set design and make-up were pretty great, even by today's standards. Not my favorite of the Universal Monsters but I'm starting to feel I didn't give this movie a fair shake.

17. Scotch's rating of the film The Mummy

Gorgeous art-deco aesthetic, but racist in an anti-miscegenation, "Orientalism: The Movie" kind of way. As pretty as it all is, it's pretty fucking awful and hard to ignore.

18. Mic in Port's rating of the film The Mummy

Gotta love the immediacy of this film. It wastes no time framing the narrative with a great introduction to the villain. Wow at that make-up. Watch how slowly his eyes open, in a modern film it would be an immediate opening meant to be some jump-scare, but here it is an awakening. Karloff carries the rest of the film, and while owing a huge debt to Dracula it has also aged much better. Must be the embalming. ;)

19. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Mummy

Creepy horror film that benefits from Karloff's performance. And kudos to him for enduring painful makeup procedures for only the few minutes we see him as the mummy.

20. Tigrão's rating of the film The Mummy

A rare case where the remake serves the story in a better way. The opening scene is great but the rest is a little bit boring, except some great shots (that still). Like Whale's Frankenstein, another Karloff iconic part, the movie fails to bring thrills and fascination to the audience, as seen with our modern eyes, though we have to bear in mind that it's been made in 1932, in the first years of the talking cinema.

21. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film The Mummy

Karloff's spooky closeups and the silent film-like recreations of ancient Egypt considerably liven, so to speak, an otherwise dull horror film.

22. Roscoe's rating of the film The Mummy

Good fun. The plot has been recycled countless times since.

23. Spencer Draper's rating of the film The Mummy

The most atmospheric of all of the Universal horrors. Worth a viewing if only for the single close up of the long dead Karloff (seen above). A horror classic and masterfully concocted by Freund.

24. Hunter Duesing's rating of the film The Mummy

Beautifully directed by METROPOLIS cinematographer Karl Freund, though it's a shame the movie can't really top itself after the truly haunting opening scene, though Karloff's gaze is iconic, just look at that still.