1. Log Lady's rating of the film The Musketeers of Pig Alley

If this wasn't reportedly one of the first films about organized crime, I would never have bothered. Surprisingly, I wasn't annoyed at Griffith (unlike with his bloated features), and the close up scene was great. Contrived story-wise, but that's not surprising. An interesting curiosity for gangster film fans and an early example of Anita Loos's writing. A shame Booth died so soon, he would have gone far.

2. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Musketeers of Pig Alley

Determinado como el 1er gang movie. Dos pandillas chocan y en paralelo un par de jóvenes intentan ganarse la vida frente a su pobreza. Una historia sobre la humildad y la caridad, no económica, sino humanitaria, esta manifiesta en ese "encubrimiento" al final del corto. Lo logrado: esa escena en que las pandillas van pisándose los talones entre sí, eleva un poco la tensión.

3. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film The Musketeers of Pig Alley

So Griffith made the first work of termite art, too. Cool.

4. JM M----'s rating of the film The Musketeers of Pig Alley

Despite glazing over certain characters/incidents in its short length, a really great film that I enjoyed more then Griffith's two epics. Also made me see P.Greenway's comment about Scorcese essentially remaking the same films Griffith made half a century earlier a lot more clearly.

5. Mic in Port's rating of the film The Musketeers of Pig Alley

Oh man, this film manages some great benchmarks as an early American gangster short - gotta love the shoot-out scene in the alley-way, the creeping close-up of Snapper Kid, and the bar scene involving the lead girl where you see his smoke puff out and him come barely into view in the side-ground - just smart uses of stationary perspective that evoke awe and envy.