1. tgmf's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

Movements of Picasso's brush hypnotize you and lead to the strange world of his beautiful imagination with the very first stroke. You just can't resist falling in this planes again and again.

2. matelot's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

3. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

This one has stayed with me-- I particularly liked the banter between the painter and Clouzot. Knock yourself out!

4. lina maj's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

I really wanted Picasso to talk a bit more

5. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

To understand how the mind of the artist works, see how his hand moves. There is one word that I can conclude from watching how Picasso creates his artworks: spontaneity.

6. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

★★★★ master(s) at work.

7. honovic's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

An interesting look at the process of a brilliant artist. It remarkably shows great works-in-progress that are painted over (or ruined?) again and again as the idea for Picasso's painting is changing before our eyes. You catch glimpses of some beautiful art that has never been seen before nor will be seen again.

8. Demetria Moondance's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

In case you were wondering, Picasso is in fact brilliant and this documentary provides iron clad proof. Watch him create, destroy, and re-create with unmatched skill and confidence.

9. aubfuscate's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

Wow, the music made it. It's like a novel you can't put down & WHAT WILL HE DO NEXT?

10. John's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

11. Peter Belly's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

NOTES—got to love these French attempts at ‘pure’ documentary/one blinks and asks themselves ‘where is he?’/from a critical perspective I just want to list colors[good thing]/jump cuts work stylistically a successfully avoids tedium/footage in reverse smart bc deconstruction just as telling as construction/break:: chat:: change to over-the-shoulder/TIME CRUNCH:: gives tension and characterizes our figures [...]

12. Fredi :)'s rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

1956 French documentary film showing Picasso painting in front of a camera....

13. Natasha Shawver's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

. Film camera highlights the tension to show Picasso's unique metamorphic abilities to finish the work exactly as the film literally runs out!

14. alexyoungen's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

An exhilarating look into the mind of one of true geniuses of the 20th century. This is one I would love to see on the big screen one of these days.

15. Weston Campbell's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

Absolutely outstanding, unlike anything I've seen before. Picasso's process is endlessly fascinating to watch, his canvases come to life to breathe and evolve before our eyes in a way no animation could replicate. You find yourself involved in the paintings, rooting for Picasso and criticizing his decisions as they are made. It puts you in the mind of the artist and gives a true appreciation of his genius.

16. Zac Weber's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

The journey from canvas to painting is utterly transfixing.

17. pandakuma's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

it is fantastic to see how many layers that he was made until the painting finished, because art is a process.

18. Umberto L.'s rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

When you look at him swapping all those inventive layers and you think that most of the old, beautiful ones are buried under the new ones and lost forever... and you are aware that you liked them a lot but it means nothing to him... then you start having a clue of what's inside the mind of a genius. Or, perhaps, what I have written is exactly what that genius wants you to believe. A brilliant and wonderful film.

19. Endless Eye's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

There are some amazing scenes in this, but instead of being "transfixed by the creative process and its mystery" I found myself feeling like I was watching a screen-saver half the time. It's worth a gander however, if only to see Picasso and Clouzot smoking their tobaccos and thinking intensely.

20. MyAceStation's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

What a doc ! Picasso working directly on your lcd screen at home ? yes he can.

21. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film The Mystery of Picasso

un film bersoniano, escribió bazin. las reflexiones del crítico-teórico francés a propósito de esta película son tan importantes como el film mismo. quien tenga alguna duda o siente curiosidad, que le de vuelta a la primera página