1. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film The Naked Island

2. Kadjavsi's rating of the film The Naked Island

3. Marc Saffar's rating of the film The Naked Island

J'ai été émerveillé par la simplicité, la poésie et l'expressivité de ce sommet de l'art cinématographique. Un film à voir, une expérience à vivre.

4. Ludovic72's rating of the film The Naked Island

L'austérité de cette île et la pénibilité existentielle de cette petite famille sont d'un niveau bergmanien, tout comme la beauté aride du noir et blanc et de la mise en scène. Shindo fait quasiment ressentir le travail de Sisyphe de ces pauvres gens, qui n'ont presque jamais de temps à perdre en paroles ou gestes inutiles. L'environnement dicte sa loi, comme le démontre le terrible final. Pas vraiment réconfortant !

5. petit astronaute's rating of the film The Naked Island

6. FISCHER's rating of the film The Naked Island

Sublime et poétique, un inoubliable film presque muet, qui bouleverse et déchire profondément par sa beauté rigoureuse et sa puissante sensibilité... www.cinefiches.com

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Naked Island

8. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film The Naked Island

Beautiful, basically a silent film. Earth and toil, without unnecessary an/or wrongful exaltation. One of those as-large-as-life images, wherein the Sisyphusian condition of human life manifests.

9. Jason's rating of the film The Naked Island

Man, woman, earth, water. The cinema itself as purity in its elements. A no-brainer hit in Moscow. Soil and toil. One must think of Dovzhenko. Perhaps a slight hint of I Am Cuba. But this is a lived poetics, too humble and personal to serve as a banner in the rigid marching of an ideology. Toil, here, in fact, is not heroic. It is pure necessity. There may be romance in this, but there is also the stark pitilessness.

10. Aardsy's rating of the film The Naked Island

No words could do it justice.

11. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Naked Island

8.5/10 che vorrebbe quasi essere 9/10

12. A47's rating of the film The Naked Island

Oh sweet Sisyphus! Like waves rolling on the shore of that lost island. A case study in rhythm, repetition, shape and form. The breaking of the frame, the flow of the tide, the ducks, the backpacks. The seasons, the baths, the masks, the songs, the heaving. The dirt between palms, the juggling children, the thrashing, and always the rowing. The time spent. Life is work. The story is sustenance. DON'T SPILL THE WATER.

13. Kevin Costner's rating of the film The Naked Island

one of the best poetic film

14. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film The Naked Island

Watching this, it really struck me how much of film dialogue is just an expository slog, a crass barge to transport the audience from point A to point B with little in the way of artistic merit. I don't think this minimalist approach would work well for every type of story, but I can't imagine this one being told any other way.

15. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Naked Island

The naked island isn't going to get itself wet.

16. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Naked Island

Pairs well with his equally fine Onibaba-- the landscape remains when the people pass on.

17. lndah's rating of the film The Naked Island

I was accepted this film as beautiful nothing until the ending part start showing its delicacy. A meditative film about man and his ego and determination; woman and her sensitivity and expression and of course, isolation.

18. Stefano Pedrocchi's rating of the film The Naked Island

–Update August 19th, 2016–: This film has been repeatedly coming back to my mind and in my dreams lately even though I watched it many months ago and I did not stumble on it in any way. It must mean something.

19. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film The Naked Island

every shot is just beautiful, tone, balance and shape. simply gorgeous.

20. Javier Toloza's rating of the film The Naked Island

One story that really honours the cinema by not having almost a single word, just the pure kinetic images... By the way, in this world where you can buy everything just walking to the corner shop how beautifully strange and magic is to see again all the hard work of a peasant family!

21. Noëlle's rating of the film The Naked Island

So atmospheric, tense and tragic. Beautifully shot and an interesting insight into another world.

22. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Naked Island

Best described as an observation of a family's struggle for survival... Even the most mundane tasks are depicted with grace and dignity. Breathtaking scenery, some very powerful scenes... I wish it was filmed in colour! I felt however, the music didn't really complement this film well somehow...

23. Thom Whyte's rating of the film The Naked Island

I went into this not realising there would be no dialogue, so perhaps that is my fault. It may be beautiful, and it definitely has a strong physicality and sense of time and labour, but it is one of the most catastrophically dull experiences I've ever had.

24. Ark V's rating of the film The Naked Island

'With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves. Let me forget about today until tomorrow.' Beautiful none the less.