1. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The New Moscow

Soviet kitsch as reflected in the funhouse mirror of Medvedkin's manic surrealist imagination. Ends with the usual paeans to production and progress but, as Chris Marker says, did Medvedkin truly reckon he could get away with all the earlier anarchy with a few minutes' worth of solemn speeches? Anyway, the Boss hated this one too.

2. Stasya Korotkova's rating of the film The New Moscow

Setting the film in Moscow (unlike placing "Happiness" and "Chudestnica" in fantasy rural area) Medvedkin still manages to construct illusive space. Buildings are being moved, destroyed ones being brought back, the whole city hosts a wild carnival. I like to think of Medvedkin as of a humane soviet magician.

3. El Biffo's rating of the film The New Moscow

Full Disclosure: I watched this film in Russian without subtitles, but I enjoyed it very much anyway. I appreciate cinema as a visual art, first and foremost, and although there are some films with a lot of dialogue that I wouldn't be able to appreciate if I didn't understand what they are saying. there are also films that I can watch without knowing the language. This film was delightful and visually entertaining.