1. Denis Fetahovic's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

What a beauty through new world. This is why we love to travel and meet other cultures.

2. Yang's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

the sense of wonder captured in this film is probably unparalleled. The opening hour is astonishing, the way Malick edits, gets distracted, captures of curiosity and awe. Among many other qualities of course.

3. Renton47's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

Cannot really fathom there being a shorter cut. I wanted to say a transitional work, but which of Malick’s films don’t feel like transitions, this may be the last time he let narrative share footing with the spiritual. Several sequences (Farrell in the forest, the end) at least seem like the best thing he has ever done.

4. DenoResandono's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

Until I write this review, I've never seen any screen adaptation of Pocahontas. So, THE NEW WORLD is my very first time to see an adaptation of her life story. I think Terrence Malick wasn't just make a movie about Pocahontas. I know she has a very central role in this movie. THE NEW WORLD feels much bigger than what it seems. In my opinion, it's more about a land which is still "virgin" before Europeans messed it up

5. askapsaskis's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

the promise and ruin of virgin forest

6. Faysal Kadow's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

can be aimless and meandering at times, but Malick's Romantic portrayal of the founding of Jamestown can be very mesmerizing and hypnotic

7. Luca Di Gianni's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

8. Phát Priam's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

A very poetic film which can be regconized as a Terrence Malick's work by his distinguished style.

9. Z's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

Malick's films seem like nothing less than his artistic attempt to portray the enormity of existence and experience while simultaneously communicating the joyful, painful, exultation and despair of life. Malick's constantly moving camera dances with his roaming, questing protagonists. At a low point of heartbreak and financial ruin this film invigorated me. Malick serves a banquet of beautiful and disquieting images.

10. Nicole Richie's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

11. Aardsy's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

So beautiful, but so very, very long.

12. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

13. apexa's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut

I think this film really is good in the sense that it captures beautifully what Malick sees as a vision of a myth. But it'd have been better to see this story from a native woman's point of view that would dispel the myth and also look at the parallels of colonialism, exploitation of the native woman, and the relationship of land (as well as gendering of land i.e. land always being a woman) and showing the parallels.

14. shane buckland's rating of the film The New World: The Extended Cut