1. FISCHER's rating of the film The New York Ripper

Le gore traditionnel de Lucio Fulci, avec ses ribambelles de mutilations et ses crimes en série, un peu moins médiocre qu'à son habitude. Et comme c'est souvent le cas dans ce genre de production, nous avons droit aux inévitables faux(sse) coupable/piste ..... www.cinefiches.com

2. samuele90's rating of the film The New York Ripper

'sta cosa che parla come un papero m'ha inquietato come nient'altro nella vita.

3. Nick Schwab's rating of the film The New York Ripper

Never got the charge of a horror film being too disturbing, bleak, or having a troubling moral conscience (such as the misogynistic charge launched at this.) Even if the genre is very diverse in emotions and viewpoints that is the very definition behind its namesake: horror shows life as a monster, as comedy shows it as lighthearted. Perhaps, the problem here is it does it too well? If so, go watch a Disney film.

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The New York Ripper

I don't understand why Lucio Fulci is so praised while I can think of a dozen B movies's Italian directors deserving a lot more respect than the director of 'The New-York Ripper'. Anyway, we have here a giallo taking place in NYC. If sex is crude and vulgar, I may admit that Fulci wanted to depict a shady city but his propension for filming step-by-step the most nauseating crimes, is really disturbing. Dr Daniel.

5. Frank's rating of the film The New York Ripper

6. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film The New York Ripper

Thriller bello ignorante di Fulci, che calca parecchio sullo splatter e sulla violenza che da fastidio (la tortura alla prostituita è grandiosa). I mezzi non sono granché ed in più i tagli sono massicci,ma l'ambientazione in una New York malata, le musiche azzeccate e la solita mano da mestierante salvano il complesso.

7. Rocco's rating of the film The New York Ripper

Just crap. Anyone who says the film is "misogynistic" is an idiot because the casual sexism is laid on so thick it's impossible to take it seriously. That being said, Fulci should never ever ever have tried to make any sort of serious point in his films. The whole thing is in poor taste even by his standards...

8. Pymo's rating of the film The New York Ripper

9. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The New York Ripper

10. Umberto Damiano's rating of the film The New York Ripper

Si sente l'odore del sangue in questo thriller diretto dal maestro Fulci . Violenza mai fine a stessa che ti prende fin dalla prima sequenza

11. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film The New York Ripper

One of the worst movies I've seen in a long time. Fulci is a telentless hack with a penchant for misoginy that barely knows how to direct och keep a movie together. The acting is all over the place, the story barely interesting, the soft core nudity embarrassing and the violence bland. And the whole "talking like a duck routine" must be the most laughable thing about this train wreck. Don't waste your time!!!

12. Joshua's rating of the film The New York Ripper

I remembered this being heavily misogynist 6 years ago, but my second viewing has changed my mind. The foot "fingering" and broken bottle to the crotch is undeniably dirty and alarming, but my goal of proving this to be a sick woman-hating film to my friend came up short of concrete evidence. The sex show scene is remarkable. The ending breaks my heart even though spunky likable victims were torn apart before. 4/5

13. hastapura's rating of the film The New York Ripper

Shitty. The only way I can justify this is that Fulci started with the typical impressionistic giallo style and stripped it down into artless, ugly nonsense to mount some sort of critique about the genre's aestheticization of violence against women...but it's really just shit. The whole thing is like an awful episode of some forgotten cop show; dumb cops and hilarious score and all.

14. film_lies101's rating of the film The New York Ripper

An ugly, cruel misogynistic film w/ no apparent redeeming qualities. Okay there were a couple of cool shots but it is surrounded by the numbers bullshit, one hesitates to mention them.

15. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film The New York Ripper

From Fulci, viewing this twice now, The New York Ripper feels *below* him in comparison to the films he made before and after it. It has moments of his distinct macabre - including the freakish duck voice for the killer - but its bland and predictable murder mystery plot and sleaze feels far less creative and legitimately terrifying than the sorts of films dismissed as 'vague' in his filmography.

16. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film The New York Ripper

nice giallo slasher by Fulci, but unfortunately it doesn't reach the level of his earlier works.

17. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film The New York Ripper

Slasher film with a real nasty streak but in my view its better than the more praised Fulci works

18. gloryofistanbul's rating of the film The New York Ripper

A film i enjoyed in a weird way with extreme horror and the silly duck voice, a worthy slasher

19. acidcow's rating of the film The New York Ripper

Fucking funny and horrofying.

20. Matt Burgess's rating of the film The New York Ripper

While it starts off a little dry (almost "Fulci does a very special Law & Order episode") it unfolds beautifully/hideously into a sleazy, misanthropic nightmare where every character has their own sexual proclivities and no vagina is safe from a knife!

21. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The New York Ripper

Deftly crafted by director Lucio Fulci, a superior giallo. For all its style and corrupt atmosphere, what really makes it stand out is its clever, fast-paced plot. It's a genuinely puzzling mystery that keeps you guessing every step of the way, even if the conclusion is a bit muddled. Maybe not one of Fulci's best, but a solid entry to the genre fans will certainly appreciate.