1. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

I kept thinking this could've been much better if the Standard Arabic used was better pronounced or dropped altogether for colloquial dialects that vary according to those who speak it.

2. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

This is perhaps the most awe-inspiring ghost story the cinema has given us. The central confrontation is one of absolute philosophy & spirituality: the materialist mountain dwellers who comprehend the past as nonexistent & illusory, its relics as exploitable, & the city dwellers who esteem the past as sacred, worthy of devotion. Secret figures through ancient architecture/hugely mysterious, Murnau-like mise-en-scene.

3. mubianer's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

This films has a doubleness to it: It's about the treasures of Egypt's past, but is in itself a long lost treasure.

4. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

When I first saw the huge pieced statues on Turkish Mount Nemrut, I figured space-drenched brooding doom would make a suitable soundscape & was startled to hear deep ambient drones in this film soak palace walls & columns, upright like solidified sand piles in time-dismantled hourglasses. I waited for an Egyptian Golem to punish the grave looters but the incantatory reawakening here is of another life extending order

5. Noli Manaig's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

Easily one of the finest films to ever come out of Egypt. Central dynamic though feels off: desert tribe vs. city, the former as thieves, the latter as enlightened, civilized humanity. Other tensions give it many layers. Familial loyalty vs principles. Heritage as patrimony or as commodity. Stark, desolate desert and ancient, defaced statuary complement this tale inspired by The Book of the Dead.

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

6/10, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2014/11/26/thenightofcountingtheyears1969/

7. José Neves's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

cinematography by Abdel Aziz Fahmy.

8. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

Wow. Incredible. I'm at a loss for words. I'll just say this was quite an introduction to Egyptian cinema.

9. Holyphool's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

This magnificent, haunting, eerie film in its recent restorative transformation was screened recently in Wellington New Zealand, at the International Film Festival to a spellbound audience. It is like a rare, rich treasure unearthed from the cinema vaults and one wonders what other works will be revealed in time from the past.

10. NOUR's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

thnaks alot for restored the movie ( the icon of the egyptian cinema el moomia )

11. Mohammed Al Najjar's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

Greatest film that came from Eygypt , it is in a different league from other Egyptian film (I watched a lot of Egyptian films). It is a film that have more in depth than the surface & will be understood more if you are an Arab or know about Arabic culture. Cinematography , directing & music are great, waiting to buy the restored copy to keep it in my collection. It is Sad that it is rarly showed in TV Channels.

12. chahine's rating of the film The Night of Counting the Years

thx for restoring this masterpiece for those who never watched it just read what Martin Scorsese said about in 2009 Cannes Film Festival