1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

2. Alex Pintică's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

3. Goye Nose's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

So abysmal it could be a Hitchcock movie. Beware an obese Briton behind the camera.

4. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

5. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

One of the most visually stunning films ever made.

6. Maïa V.'s rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

Robert Mitchum effrayant à la poursuite des orphelins et leur secret. Présence glaçante, surtout lorsque l'on aperçoit au loin sa silhouette et son chant. De très belles images noir et blanc.

7. FISCHER's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

Ce poème étincelant et sombre, nous fascine par la beauté éblouissante de sa réalisation, la sensibilité exacerbée de son propos et l'inoubliable puissance de son histoire. Certainement un des dix meilleurs films de tous les temps qui garde religieusement une place à part dans l'histoire du cinéma mondial... www.cinefiches.com

8. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

La storia è narrata in maniera sublime, con uno sviluppo strutturato in maniera intelligente e appassionante. Il cattivo resta impresso per via del suo spessore psicologico. Bella ambientazione. Finale dai toni liberatori e toccanti.Personaggi dell'ottimo spessore.La regia è sublime, grazie ad uno studio ottimo delle scene, che si caricano di una forza rara. Fotografia da manuale, con inquadrature perfette e ispirate

9. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

10. Risya's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

11. Arf's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

12. ammar's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

13. Sara Sousa's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

4.4 Wonderful, wonderful cinematography and mise-en-scene. Did I say the cinematography is wonderful? Plus everything else. Though I wish it was more suspenseful.

14. Tuna's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

some beautiful scenes and shots ^.^

15. JCPJD's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

Yes, by far, one of the creepiest films out there. A great killer and some adorable little kids on the run in this mad fantasia of a psychological horror film. My only downside - I though it was a little low on tension. There could have been a little more urgency and pace, but that's partly my addled internet brain demanding more edits to keep me from checking facebook.

16. callum mclaughlin's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

'Night of the Hunter' was not the film that I thought it would be, however, it ended up being something far more surprising; going from a gothic thriller to then a heart-warming tale very reminiscent of 'Tom Sawyer'. Stanley Cortez's cinematography really helps draw out Robert Mitchum's brilliant performance. Yet, the ending could have been better, something along the lines of how 'M' ended would have sufficed.

17. MarcusArcus's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

18. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

Rewatched and re-loved. Brilliant.

19. Jack Brookes's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

False prophets will destroy both the city and the family when they come at their most desperate hour (1920's Depression). But children reveal to us how to accept our lot and go beyond the need for tales of love and hate.

20. The Mayor Of Hell's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

Red flags should have went up when Mitchum failed miserably at explaining the story of good and evil. Seemed like he was about to give this well reasoned over rehearsed speech but it broke down into some loony raving involving hand wringing. Anywho. Amazing experimental film

21. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

22. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

Charles Laughton’s one and only directing work. What a shame it is too, because it’s a masterpiece. It’s a fairy tale, the Grimm kind, one with darkness and death and beauty. Robert Mitchum is positively chilling.

23. Henrique Amud's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

Laughton's sole directing credit did not age that well technically and I do have some issues with it but you can't deny how fucking amazing are the photography and Robert Mitchum's deranged acting.

24. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film The Night of the Hunter

An absolute masterpiece...until the last 15 minutes. Stylistically it's breathtaking with the expressionistic lighting, peculiar set design & the striking fairy-tale overtones. Of course, a majority of its brilliance stems from Mitchum's evil preacher- Would you like me to tell you the little story of right-hand/left-hand? The ending disrupts the tone & atmosphere which is a huge shame, as otherwise it's mesmerising.