1. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

Ranks just below Huston's big 3 (Maltese, Sierra Madre, and Man Who'd Be King). Burton owns the screen, Kerr is solid per usual, and provides great chemistry for Burton and Gardner to work off. Here, Gardner gives her most memorable performance outside of The Killers, steals most scenes. One of better Williams adaptations Ive seen. Very cinematic, w/ beautiful location photography. Recommended very highly. 4.5 stars

2. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

A new favorite. Ava Gardner was exceptional, this may be the first film I saw with her in it. An interesting ending. Richard Burton looks a lot like Tennessee Williams to me. Would like to see more by Gabriel Figueroa (cinematographer).

3. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

2.5 stars. I think the film is a mess. It is sometimes incoherent or just plain boring and yet it holds you. Gabriel Figueroa's cinematography has something to do with it. Also Burton, who struggles through his role but achieves moments of power. Deborah Kerr is not quite inside her character. Ava Gardner is good, however. She lets go. This is one of her best performances.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

Une atmosphère torride, un sublime Richard Burton, le "malsain" climat de Tennessee Williams et bien sûr l'éminent John Huston à la réalisation pour un excellent film ! www.cinefiches.com

5. Mx Nihil's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

" - I still say I'm not a bird, I am a human being. And when one of that unique species builds its nest in the heart of another, the questions of permanence and propagation aren't the first, or even the last things to be considered. What is important is that one is never alone." ("An intercourse not well designed For beings of a golden kind Whose native green must arch above The Earth's obscene, corrupting love.")

6. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

8/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Ep

7. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

A gripping drama with Richard Burton as an alcoholic and allegedly defrocked Minister who is now acting as a tour guide in Mexico. Richard Burton, Ava Gardner and Deborah Kerr light up the screen in this well scripted adaptation of Tennessee Williams' play.

8. S I ▲ N's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

This was my absolute favourite film as a teenager. I love the heat of it. Note perfect.

9. Pedro's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

Huston on top form. Fantastic acting: a Burton tour de force complemented by Gardner and the others' magnificent support. And it's fascinating how the lead character resembles the one portrayed by Albert Finney in "Under the Volcano".

10. Cbarky99's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

A small part of me was disappointed that this movie wasn't about a fifty-foot iguana menacing Albuquerque. The rest of me loved it.

11. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

Never quite gelled, or launched, or cohered for me. One of the lesser Williams adaptations, I think. It's strangely tone deaf, and not salvageable by a few strong performances.

12. ramosbarajas's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

Great film. Burton's panicky character can take a while to get used to, but from then on it's a perfect film. The performances and the screenplay are stupendous. Those are probably the showiest and best elements. Ava, Ava, Ava. Such a perfect person, actor, character. Figueroa's photography was perfect, like always. Tennessee William's source play must be great... I'll get to reading it soon.

13. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

Good Tennessee Williams adaptation. The good surprise of the film is Ava Gardner who's not as hieratic as she seems after all, thanks to John Huston. Nonetheless, Joseph L. Mankiewicz's Suddenly, Last Summer remains the reference among Tennesse William's adaptations. Recommended.

14. Stardust Memory's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

The poem of the old man at the end of the movie moved me to tears. ("How calmly does the olive branch/ observe the sky begin to blanch ...")

15. SALESK's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

16. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

Ava Gardner is a pyre of passion on which my blood boils.

17. Dave's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

Definitely one of Huston's best - or to be more precise, one of the top movies in the "second tier" that sit just below classics like The Maltese Falcon, The Asphalt Jungle, Treasure of the Sierra Madre, etc. Richard Burton is incredible.

18. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

It's certainly brilliantly acted...and director John Huston makes the most cinematic of all Williams plays translated to film

19. chanandre's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

[Cinémathèque PT #617: 35 mm] (2008)

20. Ben's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

extremely underrated

21. britney spears's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

This film is complete and simple, just as any perfect film is and ever will be. "No Sweat"

22. Aaken's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

Already worth watching just for the quartet of great actors...

23. AlexanderKR's rating of the film The Night of the Iguana

If there actually is a woman like Ava Gardner's character in this film, she has my proposal.