1. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film The Night Porter

2. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Night Porter

3. Ralphesque's rating of the film The Night Porter

4. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Night Porter

I've tried so very hard to love this film. It just feels sticky and claustrophobic. The flashbacks are wonderfully dark, and those moments stick with me and time after time they trick me into thinking it's a great film overall.

5. La Luz's rating of the film The Night Porter

The most beautiful, sexiest S&M movie I've ever seen in my entire life.

6. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film The Night Porter

Great premise, terrible movie. Unwatchable.

7. ourladyofchains's rating of the film The Night Porter

im just appalled that you would take such a traumatic subject matter and be so garish and callous with it. there is potential in the premise but it is so poorly executed and dare i say it, bland. i wish the person who recommended me it would have just called it for what it is (cheap naziploitation) and not made it out to be some haunting n reflective exploration of psychosexual trauma, fascism n violence.

8. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Night Porter

I'm no prude and have nothing against sexploitation films or naziploitation films or whatever you want to call it, but tying in sadomasochism to fascism feels sloppy. I don't see how any of this connects. I tried.

9. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film The Night Porter

10. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Night Porter

Fascinating but not always successful. A provocative examination into the power-struggles that exist between couples, given added weight by its emphasis on the sadomasochistic relationship between a former Nazi officer & a young Jewish woman still captivated by him. Several sequences remain iconic & genuinely unforgettable, but the third act shift into symbolism abstracts rather than clarifies Cavani's point of view.

11. _cmb's rating of the film The Night Porter

12. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Night Porter

The 70's was a good decade for exploring adult sexuality. Of course that meant a lot of sexploitation movies. I wouldn't classify this film as sexploitation, but most of the films that were inspired by it were. It's a love story, and while it's titillating, it isn't gratuitous.

13. ammar's rating of the film The Night Porter

14. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Night Porter

15. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film The Night Porter

16. bagno's rating of the film The Night Porter

17. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Night Porter

18. songoflos's rating of the film The Night Porter

Scandalous maybe. Not realistic for sure.

19. the prince's rating of the film The Night Porter

20. Tibulle85's rating of the film The Night Porter

Je suis déçu. Un film avec une certaine réputation.... Je me suis vite ennuyé. Je pense que le scénario est un "trip" qui ne peut pas parler à tout le monde.

21. vuillermoz jacky's rating of the film The Night Porter

un peu plus de 40 ans après sa sortie , ce film me dérange autant que la 1ere fois...je me demande toujours jusqu'ou peut aller la passion?? extrème dans ce cas la! Mais je crois que la folie amoureuse peut être force de création et de construction mais aussi (maleureusement ??!!) extrèmement égoiste et destructice...je continue à m'interroger!!

22. Max Seqgar's rating of the film The Night Porter

What´s not to love about historical erotica?!

23. Luis Pires's rating of the film The Night Porter

Modern Dietrich kind of role for a beautiful Rampling.

24. Didonne's rating of the film The Night Porter

Un bon film est comme un bon livre : on le revoit, on n'y voit pas tout à fait la même chose que la première fois. C'est ce qui s'est passé pour "Portier de nuit", et cela (me) prouve que le film est vraiment réussi.

← Previous 1 3 4