1. mubianer's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

This feels like Fassbinder making a Godard film. Some amusing, original and thought-provoking scenes, a lot of "what's going on??" (like with Godard).

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

Auto-da-fé. Get it? Auto? Womp womp... Anachronistic wackiness that's (over)loaded with Fassbinder's trenchant observations and analyses - because RWF - but that's been more effectively (and less tediously) used by other directors. Better suited to theatre than to film (though I guess this was tv). More fun to think about than to watch.

3. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

4. nein's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

5. Aydin KhaliliK's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

A Godardian movie on the revolution wich successfuly exceeds godard's limits, as in Sympathy for the Devil.

6. João Eça's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

those who will not feel this film are the true enemies of the revolution

7. Stevie's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

I really liked this. I might be one of the only ones. It is heavy handed in getting its point across but I liked the majority of what it had to say. Fassbinder casually wearing his leather jacket in the 15th century earns it bonus points too.

8. Eliecer Gaspar's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

9. Neither/Nor's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

Uncharacteristically tedious R.W., a non-Aristotelian drama that engenders the Epic Theatre of Brecht, passing through sequences of song and didactism, its reactionary Marxist instructions not aging quite as well as Margit Carstensen. It's alright, Rainer, we know you learned your lesson.

10. Law's rating of the film The Niklashausen Journey

Would make a great double bill with Weekend.