1. Thomas's rating of the film The Nun

Splendid cinematography and tone, but on reflection an unnecessary reliance on some of the usual cliches. Huppert's infatuation for the younger nun for example.

2. janh24's rating of the film The Nun

3. Superfrog's rating of the film The Nun

Captures atmosphere well never being boring ( and I have a very low tolerance ). Good photography and soundtrack too !

4. Levi Miah's rating of the film The Nun

The first 30 minutes or so were drab and meandering and I nearly turned it off, however the rest was quite good from after where she faints. Isabelle Huppert managed to do wonders with slightly ridiculous material and the cinematography was on point throughout. Almost great!

5. keithinhull@gmail.com's rating of the film The Nun

I thought it created the sense of entrapment rather powerfully

6. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film The Nun

Far more measured, austere (and ultimately optimistic) than Rivette's 1960s shocker with Anna Karina. What would Diderot have said about te changes? At least this one wasn't banned by the Church. Impressive, understated performance by Pauline Etienne,

7. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film The Nun

Beautifully shot and characterised. I wonder if it's sexual politics are quite fair though.

8. alimcintyre's rating of the film The Nun

The test of a good film is that you are still thinking about it the day after you watched it. This thought-provoking movie falls into that category with a fascinating insight into 18th century convent life. Superb performances from Huppert and Pauline Etienne add to the perfection.

9. janice.hughes's rating of the film The Nun

I prefer the original French name La Religieuse, as it leads one into this extraordinary account of a young woman sent off to a convent in the 1700su by a family who did not wish to pay and wed a third daughter. There a bullying Abbess reduced her life to a misery as she struggled against the hypocracy of the Catholic Church riddled with a cruel inhumanity to its own innocents. It is reminiscent of Philomena.

10. MarcelVonPure's rating of the film The Nun

11. Linda Wittgenstein's rating of the film The Nun

I'd rather watch a Jean Rollin version of this

12. NICOLE86's rating of the film The Nun

The camera work is gorgeous but everything else falls flat and the whole Huppert nun lesbian arc was silly.

13. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Nun

The Nun” can only be interesting for those who never watched Rivette’s version, but still evinces a prominent technical execution.

14. Florence's rating of the film The Nun

Impressive young actress in the main role! But I'm not sure if is wanted that the scenes with Huppert as lesabian nun are so funny in some way.