1. mpho3's rating of the film The Office

2. James Mackin's rating of the film The Office

The American version never reached the heights (or lows?) of this.

3. Lars Åndheim's rating of the film The Office

David Brent's quiet battle against oblivion, against anonymity, against death, is fought camera gaze by camera gaze: "did you see what I just did?" He's reaching out for someone to acknowledge his very existence. It's because of this every mistimed zoom in THE OFFICE sets heaven and hell in motion, why it's unbearable to watch, why it hasn't aged and why it's a work of deep humanism.

4. film_lies101's rating of the film The Office

Even though modern comedy has absorbed and arguably diluted this type of comedy, this still some take no prisoners shit

5. Scott Barley's rating of the film The Office

It made me laugh and shake with emotion, and finally, cry like a baby like no other TV show has ever done.

6. smndvdcl's rating of the film The Office

I can only watch one episode at a time, it's marvelous but agonizing. Cringe comedy has blossomed since with 'Curb Your Enthusiasm', 'Arrested Development', 'The Inbetweeners', 'Peep Show', 'Louie', even 'Girls'. Gervais and Merchant should be lauded for the seismic effect of the original concept and delivery of this show which emphasises the banal nature of reality and the awkwardness of human interaction.

7. Slow Immersion [Joe]'s rating of the film The Office

The first comedy series I ever liked, and while it isn't exactly the dark humour I love these days (Chris Morris, Julia Davis, Louie, etc), probably one of the most important shows I ever saw.