1. Andrew Miller's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

Typical of American pseudo-indies of the time-- lively performances, routine televisual material.

2. dave gunn's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

Christina Ricci plays one of the most obnoxiously unlikable characters in indie film history and the number of homophobic digs and amount of gay stereotyping in this reaches a stomach-turning point. Lisa Kudrow was the only thing I enjoyed about this.

3. j.'s rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

Christina Ricci has a fantastic screen presence. A very underrated actress. The film itself is subpar but the sharp performances and quick wit make it worth viewing once at least.

4. harutmarut's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

5. WeirdHair's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

What can I say. I laughed. I cried. The movie holds an amazing performance from Ms. Ricci who keeps the integrity of her character till the end and despite her character's very prejudiced nature, manages to make it likable even.

6. Kim Bueong's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

7. SeventiesSinema's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

More like television than cinema, this is an intelligent, enjoyable, amusing time waster. My favorite line: I was gay when "the only gay people were Paul Lynde and Truman Capote!"

8. Rodrigo's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

I was never the same again after that summer.

9. Calhoun Kersten's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

Is it perfect? God no, but Don Roos creates delightfully dysfunctional characters that I was more than happy to spend some 100 odd minutes with. Christina Ricci is equal parts trashy and wise beyond her years in the role. Lisa Kudrow shows she's much more than Phoebe with her bitterness and biting wit. All in all, fun characters makes The Opposite of Sex worth looking into.

10. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex

Mediocre 90s indie comedy gets old real fast. The characters are flat, the numerous plot twists are obvious, and it just isn't funny. Christina Ricci and Martin Donovan are both pretty good, but Lisa Kudrow is shrill and annoying every second she's on screen.

11. Joe Bowman's rating of the film The Opposite of Sex