1. FISCHER's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

Une histoire a priori totalement confuse et pourtant, pour cette raison même, paradoxalement, un rien magnétique et fort intéressante... www.cinefiches.com

2. Matt Reddick's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

JH just passed and this is what I choose... I dug the beginning, what with the oversteering car-chase in slo-mo... but the relationships were never fleshed out. It's a spy movie, so wait for the betrayal twist. I did notice some weird/lazy editing (Hauer's bat goes through the same window twice, even tho h's in another room)... Bah!

3. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

rogue agents over troubled politics.

4. Ethan's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

This is an entertaining piece of paranoia thriller but it just doesn't have that Peckinpah greatness, it just feels like he went through the motions. The fucked up thing is he could go through the motions better than anybody.

5. Dalibor's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

If there was ever a film plot that made absolutely no sense, this was it. And apart from "Convoy", this would be the best showcase of late Peckinpah's struggle to find a new topic to exploit and overdose with unnecessary slow-motions. Guys in convoy were at least pleasant, this tends to overdose with it's fascination of video-pepping. Referring it to television critique later on is just plain despair.

6. L'immoralistee's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

7. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

"This is the logical extension of what Howard Hawks did with a lot of his movies." http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/10/episode-73-long-fall-of-sam-peckinpah.html

8. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

9. Thomas's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

Not very good, but I also had the "privilege" of watching it on VHS, one day I hope they get it on DVD.

10. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

Why this isn't considered one of Peckinpah's best, I will never know! Yes, the political conspiracy plot is flawed and full of glaring holes but does that really matter in the long run? With the evidence of the dark knight trilogy and the star trek movies, I think a modern audiences can forgive a flawed story if there's more at work. And baby, this movie delivers! Such a hilarious play on friendship dynamics! Loved.

11. Morten Steingrimsen's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

Sam Peckinpah laget denne på slutten av karrieren sin, han er ikke helt i form merkes det. Mange dødpunkter, desverre. Blir aldri helt engasjerende.

12. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

Far from the old days of glory when this filmmaker could shock, unbalance or move us. You could tell he wasn't really into the story at all, though I can't blame him for that, in the everything seems so futile and silly. The only good points are the ensemble cast and some of Bloody Sam's trademark slow motion action scenes. Unintriguing, forgettable.

13. Duncan Jones's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

Emotionally and dramatically, this film is completely hollow, but it's said that Peckinpah gave it his all and I can believe it. The fast-cutting/slow motion car chase and breathtakingly sleazy murder scene would have pride of place in any of his works. First rate filmmaking makes a second rate movie out of third rate material. Peckinpah can't quite transcend trash, but he can make it engaging, almost fascinating.

14. There Will Be Josh Schasny's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

Could have been a good political thriller if it was believable. Bad acting, and unconvincing. How these people were all friends at one point because they couldn't be more diametrically opposed to each other. Too bad for Peckinpah's final film. One big pissing match is all this is. What's with with the surveillance footage with actual production values (editing and closeups coming from hidden cameras)?

15. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

Paranoid thriller about the power of images and political manipulations. John Hurt, as the Great Manipulator and the alter ego of director Sam Peckinpah, creates a new reality meant to deceive. He's also an observer, a witness, like Peckinpah, of the bursts of violence that accentuate this first-rate movie. Highly recommended.

16. Stephen Campbell's rating of the film The Osterman Weekend

Flawed Peckinpah and his last film ,but even flawed Peckinpah is better than some dirrectors manage all their careers