1. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Other

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Other

Sur le thème rare de l'enfance trouble, un exceptionnel chef-d'oeuvre du cinéma "fantastique", vénéneux au possible, qui dégage dans son lyrisme constant, une étonnante et fort envoûtante noirceur "magique"... www.cinefiches.com

3. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Other

When will one of our beloved film scholars finally understand that Robert Mulligan belongs to the finest American directors of the 60's and the 70's ? Highly recommended.

4. nouvelle vague 1960's rating of the film The Other

Even though the main plot twist of this film (which happens about halfway through),is pretty obvious.Theres something compulsive about "The Other", that ensnares you like a fly in a spiders web.Are we witnessing some kind of strange sibling possession,or is this a straightforward case of schizophrenia?Add to this a touch of the Gothic,a twist of passed Summer days,a dose of the Lindbergh Case and you're bewitched!

5. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film The Other

A horror film where the lasting feelings of revulsion & dread are not the result of a conventional exploitation of jump scares & gore but of the naturally unsettling subject matter & its deeper psychological implications. The film is chilling because the characters seem genuinely broken & with good reason; their back stories & subtext of displacement, isolation & grief give context to the morbid elements of the plot.

6. Tom Cottey's rating of the film The Other

Elegantly made, but lacking the true terror of its contemporaries... My review here: http://reflectonfilm.co.uk/2015/02/26/the-other-dir-robert-mulligan-usa-1972-review/

7. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film The Other

8. Log Lady's rating of the film The Other

Read the book a while back, fell in love with the story and how Tryon describes the small town. Maybe that's why the film didn't have the kind of effect I would have hoped, but Mulligan succeeds in adapting the story. The atmosphere could have been even more creepy, though.

9. Ostermyers's rating of the film The Other

Between Twain and Poe. Between Weir and Wise. Masterpiece.

10. sandracine's rating of the film The Other

Very creepy, so well done. Uta Hagen is splendid. A very disturbing film.

11. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film The Other

Call me whatever the fuck, I probably won't listen, but I think this is the better and more effective film when put next to To Kill A Mockingbird.