1. Tim Winter's rating of the film The Other Side

I despair. My partner doesn't. I watch films like this, he doesn't. Can I have a beer now?

2. Dead Sam's rating of the film The Other Side

This is impressive: brave and understated. It's hard to believe that the characters, especially Mark, are not written from scratch for film. Actually it's spooky to see ongoing lives turned into art in this way.

3. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film The Other Side

Delivrance for real. MINERVINI Roberto : remember this name and watch every film made by this mthrfckng movie maker. Why ? Because he's IMPORTANT. M I N E R V I N I ... I-M-P-O-R-T-A-N-T

4. El Biffo's rating of the film The Other Side

Because I don't live in Roberto Minervini's America, I have to wonder if all of the states between New York and California are like this. It looks pretty real but will they really start a civil war over the 2nd Amendment? And did that pregnant stripper actually shoot speed for real or was that staged? The part where the guys said they supported Hillary Clinton really threw me for a loop, I didn't see that one coming.

5. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Other Side

Brutally honest and intimate to the point where you can't really tell what was scripted and what wasn't. This film exposes the forgotten or perhaps just ignored face of America. It asks questions about what 'freedom' really means - well, it depends who you ask and where. We get to see how destructive unemployment and lack of opportunities can be - but at the same time you could say it's part of freedom... Excellent!

6. Juurakkotukka's rating of the film The Other Side

The Other Side' Q&A | Roberto Minervini 'The Other Side' Q&A | Roberto Minervini https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKrJqswnDM

7. Sargos's rating of the film The Other Side

8. captainfez's rating of the film The Other Side

9. mgaspa's rating of the film The Other Side

Me ha impresionado. Es mucho lo que dice este film. Una gran pelicula, para reflexionar

10. Octavian Albu's rating of the film The Other Side

Really giving credit to how real the characters felt and how powerful their performance was.You are never sure when it is scripted or documented.Politically,the casual throwing of racial slurs should be taken as an attempt to channel out their anger, a statement about disconnection,the real focus falling on policy issues that they often voice:discontent for running establishment candidates,raising the minimum wage.

11. Bilouaustria's rating of the film The Other Side

Wow, how do you create this kind of intimacy ? It is amazing, in both cases (the film is cut in two bits). You wonder how Minervini worked... Freedom is the key word here, it appears in the first part and obviously in the last bit in the sky. The freedom to destroy yourself and others, the freedom that the law gives you but also the limit of all (the mass killings everyday !). It is insane, they call it America.

12. Ammar Makboul's rating of the film The Other Side

USA as it is beyond Hollywood

13. TheOnomatopoeicMan's rating of the film The Other Side

Remarkable and often stomach-churning footage. The question I keep asking myself was how did Minervini orchestrate this? He is all but invisible here in this documentary and for me that is a little troubling. I can see how some might call this exploitation. Regardless, it made me realize that for some people, too much freedom is not always a good thing..

14. Juan Javier's rating of the film The Other Side

Realmente no veo el mérito en grabar a los desesperados y a los ingenuos, para poder hacer tu tarea como estudiante de cine.

15. remora's rating of the film The Other Side

16. Slow Immersion's rating of the film The Other Side

Quite an impressive piece! Didn't expect to be drawn in thematically, but a very real and raw feel and after curbing my initial judgement of them; some real human elements shine through.

17. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film The Other Side

18. Ryan Swen's rating of the film The Other Side

How the other half lives, in aching intimacy and frightening vehemence.

19. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Other Side

20. NCMBianchi's rating of the film The Other Side

21. msmichel's rating of the film The Other Side

Disturbing and somewhat terrifying documentary by Roberto Minervini that focuses on an underclass in American society residing in Louisiana. Too easy to dismiss as white trash these citizens are the forgotten; the downtrodden; the marginalized. The first half of the film has humanity shine through despite the drug use, frank sexuality and poisoned views. The second focuses on militia and 2nd amendment rights.

22. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Other Side

No other filmmaker has shown the essence of American society better than Roberto Minervini.

23. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film The Other Side

Minervini brutally follows the real lives of "The Others" in America's underbelly: the rotten-teeth methheads, homes with no electricity,pregnant strippers shooting heroin, trashy beer & sex parties,drunk grandparents. Despite all,love,and family and tears,regrets & freedom. Side by side with the scary final segment: gun-totting citizen militias, ready to shoot their way to revolution. [cont.] ||| IndieLisboa16

24. xrystyna's rating of the film The Other Side