1. João R's rating of the film The Others

Not quite solid, yet very impressive.

2. Arf's rating of the film The Others

non avessi saputo già tutta quanta la storia sarebbe stato meglio

3. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Others

I figured it out in the first 10 minutes, and became bored waiting for the twist to reveal itself after that.

4. kartina obskura's rating of the film The Others

5. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Others

Honestly if my husband left for the war and didn't return I'd do the same.

6. Vielleicht An Stillen Tagen's rating of the film The Others

Dieses atmosphärisch dichte Filmwerk ist für mich persönlich ein ganz starker Vertreter des modernen Gruselfilms. Ausstattung, Schauplätze und Kostüme, die dezent eingesetzte, stimmungsvolle Musik, Kameraarbeit und der Schnitt des Films, sowie das großartige Schauspiel erschaffen eine dichte Atmosphäre, die in vielen Szenen sehr bewegend und unheimlich ist. Der Schleier des Nebels birgt tiefgehende Erkenntnis ...

7. FISCHER's rating of the film The Others

D'une ténébreuse subtilité ! www.cinefiches.com

8. arcondicionado's rating of the film The Others

9. Charlotte Normand's rating of the film The Others

10. Mariana Cruz's rating of the film The Others

This might just be one of the best plot twists the horror/ghost genre has ever been graced with. It comes to prove that a great movie doesn't need an extraordinary story. The magic lies in telling a familiar story in an extraordinary way.

11. choupinet's rating of the film The Others

I remember watching this as a child. I was completely terrified.

12. anacecil's rating of the film The Others

Muy buena !!! Un suspenso increible, donde no se sabe cuando empieza la realidad o el sueño. La actuación es excelente y el tema diferente !!!

13. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film The Others

14. atthesssea's rating of the film The Others

15. Superfrog's rating of the film The Others

Creepy, well shot, convincingly told story, beautifully delivered overall. Not a masterpiece in itself but a great item in the genre.

16. janh24's rating of the film The Others

An effective slow-burner. It gets better on repeated viewings.

17. mail@annikastrom.net's rating of the film The Others

Kidman kid acting makes the film for kids

18. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Others

19. DanB3000's rating of the film The Others

I love ghost stories, much scarier than zombies or vampires. I wish there were more like this (The Orphanage is excellent too). Brilliant for Christmas viewing.

20. Maria Helena's rating of the film The Others

21. Rob Horsfall's rating of the film The Others

Great twist and enough suspense to keep one entertained. A bit absurd at times but the acting makes up for it.

22. Penelope q's rating of the film The Others

My favourite horror film of all times.

23. SiIencio's rating of the film The Others

Amenábar masters pace and technique to deliver this atmospheric ghostly feature. In a way it is a text book masterclass in suspense but something that Amenábar cleverly delivers with ease and style where many others regularly fail managing just mere caricatures of the genre. Kidman is comfortable, beautiful, sombre and collected. The kids are natural born actors. And Fionnula Flanagan brings solemnity into the fold.

24. Christopher Scott's rating of the film The Others

Saw this when it was released and was unimpressed. It's no secret that the use of sound place a large part in making films scary, but it is too transparent in this film and Nicole Kidman's acting is uninspired. To see how this film should be done, try Jack Clayton's 'The Innocents' from 1961.

← Previous 1 3 4