1. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

+ "With death comes forgiveness"

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

>>> Un somptueux chef-d'oeuvre du muet traversé d'un constant souffle lyrique ! www.cinefiches.com

3. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

"Their only law was their love."

4. Tudor Rachieru's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

5. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

I can't bear the romanticism in this film. I wish there was a better copy of the film so I'd be sure that it isn't a good film.

6. suede's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

Very disappointing, esp. after "Terje Vigen". Caveat: Seen a copy so poor that the experience was quite unpalatable anyway; might rate higher if I ever get to see a quality copy. At any rate, the writing is unacceptable rubbish. Most of all regarding the wife. For example, she throws her child off a cliff like she's ridding herself of a cocaine sachet. The much-lauded nature scenes are restricted to the second half.

7. João Eça's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

it gets better as it goes, but the first act and most of the second one are still too slow and theatrical. the ending, though, is full of a powerful late romanticism that finds in nature (the main décor of the film) its source and its drama.

8. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

9. Julia Miville's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

beautiful film, especially for being made in only 1918

10. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

I first rated this movie a four, but after sticking in my mind for days I decided it was clearly worthy of the extra star. The cinematography is excellent and the acting is superb. I have yet to see a Victor Sjostrom film that hasn't amazed me!

11. barleeku@comcast.net's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

Perfect and extraordinary. The film itself is an archaeological artifact in terms of the land, cinematography, ethical perspective. Riveting. Acting is transcendent.

12. El Biffo's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

Nice film. I could do without the the bible verse at the end, but I suppose that is what people turn to when they are desperate and have nothing else. The remote location shots in Sweden of hot springs, mountains and waterfalls, a century ago are what really makes this film a treat for me. Not a masterpiece, but certainly one of the better featured selections on MUBI so far this year.

13. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

Con este filme, Victor Sjöström se va perfilando a un cine sobre el pasado que condena y la redención como cierre de un drama humano. La moralidad y amor son usos fundamentales dentro de esta historia.

14. Roscoe's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

Grand landscapes and fine performances are very nearly scuttled by an unfortunate tendency to preach its messages rather too straightforwardly. The film's earnest simplicity can get wearisome, as I got frankly sick of Sjostrom's pure wild simple nobility.

15. Karina Castro's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

A masterpiece of the Swedish silent cinema where all the simplicity becomes complex. I found myself completely transported to Sjostrom's mind and so through the love's strength. Truly one of my favorites movie, a wonderful piece of art.

16. AKFilmFan's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

Grand landscapes and solid entertainment are in full force in this drama that blends romance and un underlying tension quite well together until its bleak and harrowing ending.

17. Ciro Inácio Marcondes's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

Sjöström... also as an actor, in a incredible fresh film from distant 1918, which makes us feel frozen, delusioned with its unbelievable beauty. Probably one of Bergman's favourite films.

18. Lefteris Becerra's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife

el paisaje como protagonista. bella tragedia fotografiada por el gran julius jaenzon

19. Low's rating of the film The Outlaw and His Wife