1. Peter Tran's rating of the film The Outlaw

Deliciously campy Old Hollywood Western. 3.5

2. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Outlaw

Not sure if it was intentional, but this one is pure camp fun. Russell's on full display in the rather plunging costumes, but the most bizarre thing about the film is the homoeroticism with an orchestral backdrop similar to a Looney Tunes cartoon. Did Carl Stalling score this film or something? Truly a unique western. I liked it, but more for laughs than anything else. Huston must have been cringing at times lol.

3. Aardsy's rating of the film The Outlaw

One thing the Catholic Church got right.

4. Sin título.'s rating of the film The Outlaw

A veces es difícil tratar de determinar a dónde va una historia cuando lo más entretenido que tenemos enfrente es la oscilante tensión sexual que ocasionan los pechos de Jane Russell. Afortunadamente Howard Hughes no será el único que abusará de este recurso sin pena alguna.

5. krzchyk's rating of the film The Outlaw

Worth watching if only to witness Jane Russell fall to the background as the awkward sexual tension between the three male leads grows with every scene. Truly bizarre.

6. msmichel's rating of the film The Outlaw

Just terrible western from Hughes which is only somewhat worth seeing for his homoerotic subtext between the three male leads. Pat Garrett as jilted lover? Billy the Kid as aspiring young lover for an aging Doc Holliday? Jane Russell in a role a drag queen was born to play? The great Gregg Toland shot this but one is hard pressed to see a glimpse of inspiration here. How this isn't a camp classic I don't know.

7. Judsi McDun's rating of the film The Outlaw

I know it's meant to be a classic, but the treatment of the rape as if it was nothing was infuriating. The almost symapthic music when the character was back on screen afterward was also repugnant. When she sees him lying helpless in the bed I was saying, 'grab a pillow and smother the bastard!'. Instead she starts to help treat his wounds. That's when I turned it off.

8. mjgildea's rating of the film The Outlaw

I've abandoned viewings of exactly 2 movies in my life and The Outlaw came damn close to being the 3rd. The presence of Jane Russell's abundant chesticles is a mere distraction from the fact that this movie is so gay that it makes Brokeback Mountain look like The Dirty Dozen on testosterone therapy and PCP. Additionally The Outlaw is fucking horrible and a mammoth waste of time. I want those 2 hours of my life back.

9. Arcanus's rating of the film The Outlaw

Truly stunningly bad. Laughable. I watched with a growing sense of horror mixed with tedium. The only interesting thing is the underlying homoerotic links between the three male characters.