1. Joel's rating of the film The Overnighters

Everything a documentary can be, a complex story in which we are endeared to our characters while somehow disagreeing with so much of their actions. I love a story wherein good honest people are shown to sometimes make bad choices. This is enriching cinema.

2. LeeRoy Turtledove's rating of the film The Overnighters

crushingly, brutally despairing film about not giving in to despair

3. Polyglot's rating of the film The Overnighters

The woman with the broom attacking the cameraman was hilarious.

4. saitosouta's rating of the film The Overnighters

After seeing this film, I realize the meaning of "Overnighter" has been completely different to before. Just superb.

5. Des Horne's rating of the film The Overnighters

Less about the politics/economics of fracking and the oil business, and more a misleading collaboration between filmmaker and subject about the latter's construction of a homosocial space. Women don't matter in this movie, and I found the whole project dishonest.

6. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Overnighters

“The Overnighters” is a pertinent documentary that painfully observes the incidents occurred in Willistone, North Dakota, during the booming oil industry.

7. Jason's rating of the film The Overnighters

My personal experience working w/ the homeless is confirmed by The Overnighters: trying to help people is the messiest goddamn business there is.

8. ‏ㅤ's rating of the film The Overnighters

9. swordofdoom's rating of the film The Overnighters

I've known people just like this and this story is not unlike 1000s taking place in cities where the social gospel finds itself at odds with the church and a communities desire for self preservation. Wonderfully shot and scored.

10. msmichel's rating of the film The Overnighters

Fine documentary by Jesse Moss that puts into question a pastor's true Christian values when put into conflict with his own congregation and town's view of his charity. The practising of 'Christian values' when put against the group's own fears, bigotry and status makes those values one of convenience. Mind you the other side is seen as well as those receiving charity show their true human nature as well. Difficult.

11. Endless Eye's rating of the film The Overnighters

A very unsuspecting, compassionate film about the very human struggle of the men and women who travel from all over the country (and the world) to work in the oil fields of Western North Dakota, only to find nowhere to live. The local pastor starts up a highly controversial program at the Church to house the influx of workers, putting stress on the townspeople. Moss patiently takes the audience on a strange journey.