1. pluviosity's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

well, it is the grotesque comedy, but not something that made me slap my knee and tumbling down.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

Humour méchant et satire acerbe pour notre plus grand bonheur ! www.cinefiches.com

3. Log Lady's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

A silly little thing, and just the way I like my silent comedies. Visually very nice (especially in the park scene, where the drunken men fall on the benches one by one), and overall just adorable. A nice surprise from Lubitsch, who hasn't really impressed me before.

4. papilliondenuit@gmail.com's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

well.. it is all right, I did't expect too much anyway; characters rather primitive in a way of their life and needs; exaggeration of servant was rather to show absurdity of 'aristocratic' class

5. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

Plenty of madcap visual antics here and some good natured social commentary. An interesting early example of a film which captures a point of transition and tension where the old order of aristocracy is being replaced by the new money and consumerist values of industry. All done with zest and brio.

6. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

gorgeously playful film. script, characters and the grand theatre of the host of background extras orchestrated in a way we see again in Lang's 1920s works.

7. innersmiff's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

A lesson in the art of visual comedy with (shock!) set-ups and punchlines. You'll be grinning all the way through - a silly and wonderful film. Ossi Oswalda is the proverbial cheeky little monkey.

8. UnbrandedFilms's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

Ernst Lubitsch is a genius. The scene of the women boxing it out over a man is a master piece of filmic brilliancy.

9. Thomas's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

Charming farcical trifle. Worth staying with, becomes more enjoyable as it gets increasingly madcap. Brought to mind Chaplin's superior 'The Idle Class', made two years later.

10. Gulsin Oz's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

11. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

a joyful treat, delightfully frisky and madcap from start to finish

12. Nick Moon's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

A very silly comic trifle, which only gets more ridiculous as it goes on - a fine way to enjoy an idle hour!

13. claire evans's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

utterly bonkers and brilliant, visual comedy at its best

14. The Heff's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

I love a good silent movie...this one proved to be a great comedy shown through the visual...loved it...recommended.

15. Chichi Latté's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

If you like Grand Budapest Hotel

16. suede's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

7/10: restored print + gorgeous, swingy soundtrack (avoid the Jolonque). Lubitsch never was sillier than here, delivering some of the most endearing visuals of 1910s cinema. Wonderful sets and sight gags near the beginning. Hilarious foxtrot scene in the middle. Deep-focus shots (Theod. Sparkuhl)! Good cast, esp. the younger three. And the nutty bandmaster doing rock'n'roll moves avant la lettre is... Curt Bois! [yt]

17. msmichel's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

Early Lubitsch silent comedy well restored. A silly little soufflé concerning a spoilt rich girl who just must be married at once. What follows is a comedy about mistaken identities, bad behaviour and finally love. Slight but fun.

18. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

Una oda a la exhuberancia. Lubitsch en una comedia sofisticada, satírica y ridícula sobre una princesa mimada en busca de un marido. Lo mejor de la película es sin duda ese batallón de lacayos haciendo la vida más fácil y placentera a un par de flojos. Otra cosa que me llama la curiosidad, esa cuota vouyerista, y no necesariamente del padre fisgoneando por la perilla, sino del espectador viendo a una dama bañarse.

19. El Biffo's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

A rather silly little comedy of very minor importance, regarding a spoiled rich girl, drunkenness, and mistaken identity. A few nice "touches", and a fine restoration by the Murnau Foundation. OK, if you like this sort of thing. "To Be or Not to Be" it ain't.

20. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

Silent Lubitsch! One of my favorite classical Hollywood directors...his early films are a blind spot I should check out.

21. Warren Spratley's rating of the film The Oyster Princess

Words cannot express how much I adore everything little thing about this movie.