1. Dave's rating of the film The Pacific

A far different approach from Band of Brothers, so anyone expecting the same camaraderie-type vein will be let down. This one comes across even more brutal, but is shot with the same type of outstanding photography that characterizes virtually all HBO productions. War in the Pacific was hell and the series conveys that. I prefer Band of Brothers, but this is a truly great series.

2. Victória Célia's rating of the film The Pacific

Although I'm not a fan of WW2 films/series, I have to admit this one was well done.

3. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film The Pacific

1.5 - thought I was going to watch an updated version of Band of Brothers, yet what I received was one of the most boring TV series ever

4. venenatis's rating of the film The Pacific

5. Brittany Quinn's rating of the film The Pacific

If we have to compare to Band of Brothers, I have to say I found that series so incredibly boring I couldn't finish. There was a kind of nostalgic, softened distance to its portrayal of war. This series however has a terrible emotional intimacy to it. Just searing and relentless, grisly business. The scene where Sledge goes into battle for the first time was incredibly well done.

6. Tigrão's rating of the film The Pacific

This is dangerously addictive. Seriously, it's really well made, beautifully shot, and finely written. What else?

7. flobota's rating of the film The Pacific

It certainly does not live up to the heritage of Band of Brothers. Some pointless love stories and bad acting ruin a big part of it. On the other hand side aspects like the island asylum on Kavuvu were pretty interesting. What disturbed me most is the lack of Hiroshima/Nagasaki. In BoB it seemed to be no problem to critisice some unpleasant parts of the war. Here you just get some more slow mo and Hans Zimmer music.