1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Pacifist

The second star is for the absurdity of the whole thing. You can't just recontextualize Jancso's visual gymnastics into Milan. It ends up looking like a very disorganized version of 'Hair'. "I got life, mother \ I got laughs, sister \ I got freedom, brother \ I got good times, man. \ I got crazy ways, daughter \ I got million-dollar charm, cousin \ I got headaches and toothaches \ And bad times too \ Like you"

2. Les films du miroir magique's rating of the film The Pacifist

BNNotFrench production, but an Italian one. Jancso' style, beautiful in his Hungarian films is here completely false. Monica completely lost in an empty script.

3. Sunrise's rating of the film The Pacifist

Jancso/Di Palma's complicated and extensive long takes align themselves with a freedom associated with the ability to change one's opinion. In turbulent political times, the ballet of one's thoughts and actions convey a natural and constant oscillation between the safety of conformity and the dangers behind alternatives. Yet, regardless of sides, an unwavering stance is complicit with death, murder and stillness.

4. redux's rating of the film The Pacifist

Jancsó on foreign ground – fish out of water.

5. Rman's rating of the film The Pacifist

It enchants me. what a lovely mix of Jancsó and Monica Vitti!