1. Bernardo Pinto Diniz's rating of the film The Painted Veil

2. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Painted Veil

I didn't expect much from this movie. THE PAINTED VEIL maybe - is one of the most simple movie out there, yet it's predictable. Predictable? Yes. I bet you've ever seen this kind of romance in other movies. Frankly, there's nothing special in its romance theme, about adultery. But THE PAINTED VEIL didn't become an ordinary movie. Thanks to Naomi Watts and Edward Norton superb acting. They have deeper characterization

3. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film The Painted Veil

4. Deiner's rating of the film The Painted Veil

The first time I saw this film was ten years ago when it came out, and I admit I really didn't remember much from it, that's why I was quite surprised at how much I liked this film this time around. Although it technically is a fairly standard romantic story, I think it was told really well. The photography is stunning and the music is splendid, but for me Naomi Watts was the highlight, she's simply amazing.

5. Onbestendig's rating of the film The Painted Veil

6. A47's rating of the film The Painted Veil

Superb cinematography, exquisite score, production design, and good performances. Although the script is straightforward and a bit narrow in scope, it doesn't overstep its bounds and remains consistent throughout (minus a strange flashback). A beautiful movie about forgiveness and the story of a marriage. Cinematography that was ahead of its time.

7. Lucii Lugo's rating of the film The Painted Veil

Un filme bastante ameno con una historia, que aunque ha sido contada innumerables veces no aburre en ningún momento. Con movimientos pausados y encuadres sutiles, Edward Norton y Naomi Watts nos llevan de la mano por una historia de desamor y amor. Las actuaciones son bastante buenas y la dirección exquisita. Totalmente recomendable.

8. Sin título.'s rating of the film The Painted Veil

Historia de personajes arrastrados inevitablemente por las circunstancias del deseo y decepción que significa la búsqueda de pareja. El castigo se vuelve efectivo cuando evita que la conducta se siga repitiendo, lamentablemente con el tiempo pierde su efectividad, más si se suma la complejidad de las personas al pensar que están enamoradas o de alguna manera creen estar atadas al objeto de afecto.

9. Charlie's rating of the film The Painted Veil

Edward Norton es uno de mis actores favoritos. Disfruté ver esta película y me encantó la música.

10. Víc Azpeitia's rating of the film The Painted Veil

MUJERES de Nuestra VIDA, Disturbio y Bendición, La Alabanza Más Grande y a la VEZ Nuestra Mayor Perdición y Absoluta REDENCIÓN. DIOS MISMO LAS AMA Y LAS BENDICE y las PROTEGE de Nuestras Burdas Decisiones de CHANGOS TOMADAS, otorgándoles a la vez el BENDITO DON, De La Seducción y LA VIDA MISMA…

11. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film The Painted Veil

A lovely film. Superb performances all around. Well worth a look. Nice score too.

12. daftnymph's rating of the film The Painted Veil

yeah I loved this not even going to lie - erik satie in the background! how do I decolonize my love?????

13. ascope's rating of the film The Painted Veil

I don't know how this film got such a relatively low rating - the acting, the setting, the music, the story are all wonderful, and I love the dialogue - what a way to speak...

14. MelianR's rating of the film The Painted Veil

Lovely cinematography but the film lacked a few other qualities to make it absolutely brilliant - though the potential was there. Still it's a nice film to watch.

15. Superfrog's rating of the film The Painted Veil

good photography if terrible classical. The rest of the film is hardly is not really worth it,

16. Temi Cheke's rating of the film The Painted Veil

slow paced yet everything has a purpose. beautiful scenery and music.

17. Alex Doidge's rating of the film The Painted Veil

Touching film about the complexities of forced relationships. Not a Rom-com, this film has broad appeal.

18. sebastianbarronmubi's rating of the film The Painted Veil

She should have kicked his needy ass to the kerb.

19. dmol's rating of the film The Painted Veil

Seeing the other person at their worst - and want them anyway.

20. Dave's rating of the film The Painted Veil

Predictable? Yes, but it's still a story that I couldn't help but be drawn into and found moving - even though I knew virtually every step it was going to take. And it has some lovely photography and wonderful score from Desplat.

21. sam mitchell's rating of the film The Painted Veil

Isn't this supposed to be in 2.35 : 1 We're missing the left and right sides of the frame

22. Kontakt's rating of the film The Painted Veil

This movie is terrible. I was so disappointed with the performance of two great actors. Script stupidly predictable. Comical moment when the sick Norton turns his face to his wife and his make up style "Night of the living dead" reveals that he is dying. Very upsetting

23. Susana Bessa's rating of the film The Painted Veil

24. nvtsrmr's rating of the film The Painted Veil

It's predictable, but a great one.