1. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

2. Diderot's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

I hate that the most famous Claudette Colbert film is "It Happened One Night". Fuck Capra-- watch anything else. Joel McCrea is also much sexier than Clark Gable, no matter what anyone says.

3. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

4. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Viniendo del gran Preston Sturges, resulta una comedia decepcionante debido principalmente a lo flojo de su guión y lo fallido de la mayoría de sus gags. La estrella va por el personaje más divertido y logrado de la cinta: Wienie King.

5. Des Horne's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Is this the anti-Lubitsch? The tone is harsh, with loud, obnoxious humour and charmless moments of contrived intimacy. For instance, the first scene on the train isn't funny, it's brutally uncomfortable.

6. James Mackin's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Where the last film I saw, Here Comes Mr. Jordan, was, as I said, "nice entertaining fluff" but "by no means the best of it's genre or era", this film in contrast is likely among the best of those things. I kind of loved this. Everything is perfect about it, and everything perfectly enjoyable and fun. There are no complaints.

8. Aardsy's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

What's knittin', kittens?

9. Hugo Poderoso's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Frankness about money; anything-goes narrative; bizarre characters.

10. Ethan's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Preston Sturges was like a cynical Frank Capra with a penchant for screwball comedy that mirrored that of Hawks but with his own personal flair attached.

11. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

A very underrated Sturges. The hot dog guy had me in stitches

12. Vincent T's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

can't say I remember the whole thing

13. msmichel's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Fun Sturges comedy chock full of comic gems but doesn't know how to end its' story. Colbert a delight and McCrea OK but it's Rudy Vallee who really shines here as a take off on Rockefeller with a good supporting turn by Mary Astor. 'That's one of the tragedies of this life- that the men who are most in need of a beating are always enormous.'

14. HSBilly's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

what a fun. still disappointed about the twins, even though its hilarious.

15. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Funny and random. This whole movie was a fun ride from beginning to end.

16. Log Lady's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

The ending was hilariously random, but otherwise Sturges's magic is only halfway there. Zany, yes, but there are very few scenes that made me laugh or even smile. Lighthearted fun, just not the best from Sturges.

17. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

A really terrific film by Sturges! I can't think of any director currently working who can make a studio romantic comedy that articulates such a worldly, intelligent view of love while still coloring (just barely) inside the lines of commercial entertainment. A witty masterpiece about what's expected from men and women (by 1942 standards), and both a celebration and satire of the wish-fulfillment of movie romance.

18. Pri Lima's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Disappointing.I had great expectations(Not,I'm not Pip from the Dickens novel) and the only character who made me laugh was the old man from the sausage bussiness. The first/last scene thing was clever but all the rest...a disappointment for me.

19. Jon's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Overwhelming, ingenious and quite ahead of its time.

20. WhatsUpWill's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

4 stars... Then that plot twist. 5 stars. :D

21. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Fantastic supporting characters… that was always one of Sturges' biggest qualities as a screenwriter.

22. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

More marvellous mayhem from Preston Sturges. Plot contrivances aside, this is a wonderful and hilarious comedy. Highly recommended!

23. Christian R.'s rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Don't you just love a Preston Sturges movie?

24. Mark_Med's rating of the film The Palm Beach Story

Brilliant. The plot contrivances are ridiculous, true, but it's a comedy---relax and enjoy! Everything else about this movie sparkles!