1. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film The Party

2. *:・゚✧'s rating of the film The Party

we always have options to laugh at this miserable life

3. Henrique Amud's rating of the film The Party

Too on the nose was an expression created to describe this screenplay. While everyone seems to be very game (even if kinda lost) and the story brings up the brexit's messiness with furious energy, I can't for the life of me understand how can one listen to the dialogue and not scream in pain. Maybe...maybe it'd work better on a stage? People who loved this should check out brazillian playwriter Nelson Rodrigues, tho.

4. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Party

A great watch which tackles a lot happening in society lately and it able to maintain the proportion of them all, but it's obviously not related to everyone. Okay, now I definitely sounds like "Gottfried".

5. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Party

As an exercise in mood, the efficiently edited “The Party” serves as a showcase for the general powerful acting, yet, the film’s heart is Clarkson with her mordant observations and sarcastic postures.

6. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Party

7. Sefer Taslı Sapık's rating of the film The Party

8. Francisco Leitão's rating of the film The Party

Bad script camouflaged with pretentious and elaborate dialogue. Cliched and superficial characters: the feminist lesbian academic, the budhist, the cynical nihilist.

9. Alex's rating of the film The Party

10. Sophie Wilson Wardman's rating of the film The Party

11. aconeyisland's rating of the film The Party

it's just a broken window in the door and not a window into anyone soul... [18:54]

12. Viginti_tres's rating of the film The Party

Reports of this being raucous seem drastically overstated. It's sad and sour, short of jokes besides Clarksons delivery. The script is tidy , perhaps too much so, more like something aiming to ape clever writing than clever in of itself. Spall's eyes looks amazing but the digital B+W is a little strange elsewhere.

13. evolveris's rating of the film The Party

Big expectations come with big disappointments.

14. ig_____or's rating of the film The Party

A very entertaining and short film about grown-up people behaving like cuckoos that reminded me of Polanski's "Carnage"... which, by the way, I remember being funnier/cringier than this. All-in-all, a cerebral and tidy mess, where everyone is (dis)connected.

15. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Party

Twists & shouting. One of the best filmed play movies - that actually is not a play - with the best cast a director could pull a party for.

16. José Neves's rating of the film The Party

Digital. More than twenty years after "Orlando"'s artistique crap and meanwhile not having seen any film of this director, here i am going to the cinema, trying to escape boredom, and come across this joke superiorly poorly filmed, in black-and-white just because, with actors corroborating the waste, in favor of another artistic object, this time striving to be witty. Another crap.

17. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film The Party

This was extremely funny and it has an interesting work of camera.

18. Ana Sousa's rating of the film The Party

Genius beyond words. The story, the script, the actors, the cinematography, the rhythm, the editing, the soundtrack... Watching this once is far from enough to grasp all the little hints of brilliance. One of the best of the year, no doubt about it. April and Gottfried are one of the most hilarious couples I've seen. And from now on I officially declare Patricia Clarkson as my queen.

19. chanandre's rating of the film The Party

[Tears+Laughter] First film I've seen by you was 2000's "The Man Who Cried" (which was always what I thought my grave would read on its tombstone - 'the man who cried') I was 15/16 yo and did not get the chance to see a film of yours up on the big screen (or anywhere else neither) ever since. 17 Y E A R S passed and it's like being reacquainted with a former lover/friendo. Your art has not aged a day dear Sally... ♡

20. Francisca's rating of the film The Party

21. Jason's rating of the film The Party

Such a tiresome and trite screenplay from Potter that little stabs at deployment of sophisticated visual language (never when two people are talking to one another, which she generally covers in a manner most bland) and a whole spate of for-the-most-part-more-than-fine performances (emaciated Timothy Spall knocks this one out of the park) are unable to produce anything other than what in the end is just an irritant.

22. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Party

A punch in the face! And a good punch, something you’d wish to experience more often to really wake you up. Smashing 70 minutes of dialogue with hostility, jealousy, life coaching shit and feminist politics mixed with a bit of violence, puking and snorting coke – with an unbelievably capable cast that exceeds itself.

23. weinbrandbabsi's rating of the film The Party

4.5 - A Kammerspiel, witty as can be, full of nostalgia, yet absorbed in the post-modern lifestyle of a ex-boheme academia: Politics, money & the spectre of past political ideas come together.

24. riraru's rating of the film The Party

What a sally ending … Vorher wird hier aber schön bösartig die Entrückung der Großstadt-Intelligenzler vorgeführt. Ein Heidenspaß!