1. vizija's rating of the film The Passenger

2. film_lies101's rating of the film The Passenger

3. Vlad Popescu's rating of the film The Passenger

4. msmichel's rating of the film The Passenger

Antonioni's English lanquage 'The Passenger' has aged like a fine wine and still offers rich awards in viewing. Nicholson is at his best in this strange tale of a man who assumes another's identity and lets fate and flight lead his newfound destiny. Meticulous in its editing and cinematography with an interesting worldview shining through its cloudy narrative. Top notch.

5. Jim's rating of the film The Passenger

★★★★ /35mm/ A deeply penetrating puzzle of a worn out journalist’s existential crisis who assumes the identity of another man. Nicholson, superb, captures the somber residue of a man going through the motions. Antonioni skillfully weaves the building tension of a man hunted with the transcendental release of Spain and his relationship with an exquisite Schneider. The end is sublime perfection.

6. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Passenger

The disillusioned man’s search for himself. Or perhaps he’s disappointed with himself. Or just tired of all this shit. It remains an enigma what drives the reporter to the self-destructive endeavor of stealing the identity of an arms dealer. But the dream of leaving all behind sits deep in the modern man, so I guess the opportunity makes the thief. Antonioni’s film offers no answers, but many moments for reflection.

7. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Passenger

8. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Passenger

9. Ralphesque's rating of the film The Passenger

10. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Passenger

At least there are three reasons why I watched THE PASSENGER. 1) It was directed by the legendary Michelangelo Antonioni & it has been said this is his last English feature-film. 2) Jack Nicholson in some kind of an arthouse movie. 3) The collaboration between them. I know it's not a religious movie. But I feel this movie is some kind of a spiritual journey to find a true-self. The cinematography also looks awesome!

11. Walker's rating of the film The Passenger

I sure love my metaphysical long takes

12. Peregrine's rating of the film The Passenger

On all levels, completely in a league of its own.

13. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Passenger

So this is how Antonioni does a globe-trotting thriller: more suspenseful than you would expect, about as downbeat/existential as you would, and with characters and dialogue pitched frustratingly between "enigmatic" (which is a good thing) and "vague" (which isn't). Still, a geopolitically attuned look at anomie, apathy, and engagement, with a climactic shot that belongs to the long take hall of fame.

14. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Passenger

Who among us doesn't have the desire to abandon our lives every now and then? Empty and brilliant.

15. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Passenger

somehow it reminded me ted kotcheff's wake in fright...existentialism , desert,strange people and behaviors...Im huge fan of slow paced cinema.

16. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film The Passenger

17. P D Dawson's rating of the film The Passenger

The film is like a journey, and not only for Nicholson's character, but also for the viewer. We seem to follow, directionless through the strange existence of his character and through a bare narrative that is both ambiguous and meditative, but that's the charm of the film, so open to meaning, it isn't tied down to a particular statement, making repeated viewing more rewarding and varied.

18. Ramzi's rating of the film The Passenger

Sure is a long way to travel to just um and ah. Maybe it was my fault for expecting more of a caper. Cinematography is stunning.

19. Superfrog's rating of the film The Passenger

Too disconnected and contrived, a pseudo thriller about a guy trying to find himself by losing his old self. Some have this fantasy I guess.

20. Dimitris's rating of the film The Passenger

Existentialism & anticolonialism a la Antonioni.A journalist tries to change his empty bourgeois life by assuming the life of a revolutionary gunrunner. Instead, he buys a convertible. Even the camera,that shows in detail the agonising death of a rebel,turns away from his insignificant death. And Antonioni's prediction for the West? Too many Lockes:"The same old tragedy all over again.The kids can't get away from us"

21. Oliver Goddard's rating of the film The Passenger

a.k.a. the lengths one man will go to get away from his wife, centred by a magnetic, and uncharacteristically non-manic, performance from Nicholson. Beautifully shot, though the editing is somehow even more beautiful, and with a penultimate shot for the ages. Dig.

22. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film The Passenger

One of the best film endings in cinema history. Filmed in Barcelona and Almeria. Not to be missed.

23. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Passenger

Does cinema get finer than Antonioni? Brilliantine is simply feeble in the face of this.

24. Pango's rating of the film The Passenger

The camera work and cinematography is one of the finest I've ever seen. Probably my favourite Antonioni.