1. Dada Kubin's rating of the film The Passenger

The disillusioned man’s search for himself. Or perhaps he’s disappointed with himself. Or just tired of all this shit. It remains an enigma what drives the reporter to the self-destructive endeavor of stealing the identity of an arms dealer. But the dream of leaving all behind sits deep in the modern man, so I guess the opportunity makes the thief. Antonioni’s film offers no answers, but many moments for reflection.

2. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Passenger

3. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Passenger

4. Ralphesque's rating of the film The Passenger

5. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Passenger

At least there are three reasons why I watched THE PASSENGER. 1) It was directed by the legendary Michelangelo Antonioni & it has been said this is his last English feature-film. 2) Jack Nicholson in some kind of an arthouse movie. 3) The collaboration between them. I know it's not a religious movie. But I feel this movie is some kind of a spiritual journey to find a true-self. The cinematography also looks awesome!

6. Walker's rating of the film The Passenger

I sure love my metaphysical long takes

7. Peregrine's rating of the film The Passenger

On all levels, completely in a league of its own.

8. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Passenger

So this is how Antonioni does a globe-trotting thriller: more suspenseful than you would expect, about as downbeat/existential as you would, and with characters and dialogue pitched frustratingly between "enigmatic" (which is a good thing) and "vague" (which isn't). Still, a geopolitically attuned look at anomie, apathy, and engagement, with a climactic shot that belongs to the long take hall of fame.

9. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film The Passenger

Who among us doesn't have the desire to abandon our lives every now and then? Empty and brilliant.

10. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film The Passenger

somehow it reminded me ted kotcheff's wake in fright...existentialism , desert,strange people and behaviors...Im huge fan of slow paced cinema.

11. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film The Passenger

12. P D Dawson's rating of the film The Passenger

The film is like a journey, and not only for Nicholson's character, but also for the viewer. We seem to follow, directionless through the strange existence of his character and through a bare narrative that is both ambiguous and meditative, but that's the charm of the film, so open to meaning, it isn't tied down to a particular statement, making repeated viewing more rewarding and varied.

13. Ramzi's rating of the film The Passenger

Sure is a long way to travel to just um and ah. Maybe it was my fault for expecting more of a caper. Cinematography is stunning.

14. Superfrog's rating of the film The Passenger

Too disconnected and contrived, a pseudo thriller about a guy trying to find himself by losing his old self. Some have this fantasy I guess.

15. Dimitris's rating of the film The Passenger

Existentialism & anticolonialism a la Antonioni.A journalist tries to change his empty bourgeois life by assuming the life of a revolutionary gunrunner. Instead, he buys a convertible. Even the camera,that shows in detail the agonising death of a rebel,turns away from his insignificant death. And Antonioni's prediction for the West? Too many Lockes:"The same old tragedy all over again.The kids can't get away from us"

16. Oliver Goddard's rating of the film The Passenger

a.k.a. the lengths one man will go to get away from his wife, centred by a magnetic, and uncharacteristically non-manic, performance from Nicholson. Beautifully shot, though the editing is somehow even more beautiful, and with a penultimate shot for the ages. Dig.

17. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film The Passenger

One of the best film endings in cinema history. Filmed in Barcelona and Almeria. Not to be missed.

18. raggiodisole's rating of the film The Passenger

Does cinema get finer than Antonioni? Brilliantine is simply feeble in the face of this.

19. Pango's rating of the film The Passenger

The camera work and cinematography is one of the finest I've ever seen. Probably my favourite Antonioni.

20. Leigh Collins's rating of the film The Passenger

A really interesting premise, but it doesn't really go anywhere. It felt like the plot was being made up on the spot, with the leads often looking unsure as to what they were supposed to be doing or saying. And the snippets of deep-and-meaningful dialogue seemed really naive and forced. It seems like MA was more interested in pretty shots than a decent plot. A self-indulgent big-budget student film

21. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Passenger

A dreamy and intriguing piece of work from Antonioni, featuring an excellent central performance from Jack Nicholson, The Passenger is a great character study and a look at the appeal that can lie in being able to step away from your own established life.

22. Tom Dore's rating of the film The Passenger

Good to see, but not to have seen: all eye, no ear, nor soul. Like L'Eclisse, M.A. obsesses upon what isn't present. Dissatisfactions seep up from inside, upending elite lives. Static shots show listless people, adrift from meaning, mourning. Wolfish leading man (Nicholson/Delon) - so to prove that even such life forces must ossify under M.A.'s baleful gaze? Director as Gorgon, turning all to stone. Why? Choose life!

23. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The Passenger

'What kind of an impression do you think you make when you walk into a room?' The Passenger is a dreamlike film, often leaking drops of bleak reality to remind us, I suppose, that the grass is not always greener on the other side - especially when you take on what seems to be the exciting life of a globe-trotting arms dealer. Schneider gives a masterful performance in affectionate detachment.

24. 00red00's rating of the film The Passenger