1. Jim's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

★★ /DCP/ A rare failure for Bergman. A film of pieces wandering aimlessly. Sydow, unsettled, moody, creates an interesting character Bergman never resolves. Anderson and Josephson are intriguing in their marital dysfunction, but are ignored. The film leans on a poorly served Ullman, ambiguously strange, and her irrational relationship with Sydow. The addition of a subplot concerning animal torture is bizarre.

2. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

A well-drawn Bergman quartet, their coping mechanisms and lifestyles criss-crossing in such solitude that shared scenes often eschew master shots. It is a humane film, solid (if familiar), and it lingers in the mind for the way it ties together needless physical cruelty with robbing people of the lies they tell themselves. And Bergman breaks the 4th wall not to break the spell of traditional drama, but to enhance it.

3. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

It’s been a few years, and this Bergman has slightly soured for me. I can watch von Sydow and Ullmann in just about anything, but other than a few exceptional monologues about human suffering and the toils of relationships, it feels like leftover crumbs from Shame, the superior Bergman-von Sydow-Ullmann film from the year before.

4. mubianer's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

A hidden gem in Bergman's filmography, for me at least. Canonized as he is today it's easy to forget how avantgardistic Bergman was. I have always found Liv Ullman annoying, but she is a great actor nonetheless. I loved the silent moments of this film.

5. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Why bother to review it? It's Bergman and his cronies, just see it.

6. Nachtreich's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

7. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

8. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

I think it's almost impossible not to fall in love with Liv Ullman. She's absolutely mesmerizing with those blue eyes. The main drawback of the film are those interstitial interviews, and going over the text over and over. That's what people do when they're trying to force an interpretation. It was absolutely fine without those. Did not like seeing the animal cruelty. That's a minus star right there.

9. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

An interesting investigation into isolation (physical, emotional and so on) and the concealment, or perhaps accommodation, of 'truth'. Metaphorical detail is heavier here - dead animals, Vietnam war, etc. - than in other Bergman works. The intercut meta-cinematic interviews add little apart from signposting another variation on the theme. Nykvist's gorgeously captured washed-out hues are a delight as is the locale.

10. kinotopia's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

11. Ethan's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Bergman continued to play with his style here but most of the time this film feels like it's lacking something.

12. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

13. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

80/100 (Uzun bir aradan sonra başyapıt izleyebildim. Bi ara tüm Bergman filmlerini dizi izler gibi izliyordum. Sonra fark ettim ki çok az kaldı. Bu ve bi kaç filmi daha stoklamıştım. Artık güzel film izleyemediğimi fark edince yine Bergman'ın sıcak kollarına sarıldım. Aslında ilk yarısıyla büyük hayal kırıklığına uğrasamda ikinci yarısıyla adeta tüylerimi diken diken etti. Kendime sordum "Bu adam daha ne yapsın?")

14. FISCHER's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Oeuvre difficile de l'incontournable Ingmar Bergman, sorte de large quintessence de toutes ses phobies et thématiques obsessionnelles (la violence, la réflexion sur l'art, l'impossibilité du couple et de l'échange, l'influence du passé, la peur de l'autre)... www.cinefiches.com

15. B o g d a n's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

16. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

17. beatrizatriz's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

but at the same time, there's a wall. i cant speak or show you that im happy. i can see your eyes but i can't reach you. i'm outside that wall, i've shut myself out. i'm so far away that... it's strange. i want to be tender and warm and alive. i want to be free. i'm afraid of being humiliated. it's like hell. i've accepted the humiliation and let it sink in. it's terrible to be a failure. i live without self respect

18. marco's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

19. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

In between two masterpieces Persona and Cries and Whispers, this movie is like three Bergman movies patched together. It has some good scenes, like the bits with Max and Liv as a couple that can't stand each other, the dream sequence in black and white, and the subplot about the animal sadist, but the movie left me cold mostly and the experimental style of getting actors to comment of their characters distracted me.

20. Alan Alencar's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Review? Do I really need to review such a film; I can review some movies or a good drama film or any good film, but I cannot review great art for I have no such expertise.

21. miles's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

lots of mixed connection's. lies and love.

22. postblueink's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

8.5/10 (27.11.2015) i thought that film will simple for me, as a big part of it. I was wrong. It became my very intimate and personal. The feeling of loneliness, reference from the film Shame, the work of Nykvist and color screen, Anna`s red headscarf and her love. I am empty, as always.

23. Jalise's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

The Passion of Anna is just an affirmation of Bergman's ability to make the audience feel. Each scene flows into you via emotional waves that consist of an equal ratio of self reflexive dialogue and mise en scene.

24. δ.'s rating of the film The Passion of Anna

she wasn't all that impassioned though, was she.