1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

I think it's almost impossible not to fall in love with Liv Ullman. She's absolutely mesmerizing with those blue eyes. The main drawback of the film are those interstitial interviews, and going over the text over and over. That's what people do when they're trying to force an interpretation. It was absolutely fine without those. Did not like seeing the animal cruelty. That's a minus star right there.

2. Richmond Hill's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

An interesting investigation into isolation (physical, emotional and so on) and the concealment, or perhaps accommodation, of 'truth'. Metaphorical detail is heavier here - dead animals, Vietnam war, etc. - than in other Bergman works. The intercut meta-cinematic interviews add little apart from signposting another variation on the theme. Nykvist's gorgeously captured washed-out hues are a delight as is the locale.

3. kinotopia's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

4. Ethan's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Bergman continued to play with his style here but most of the time this film feels like it's lacking something.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

6. francescaborrelli's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

7. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

82/100 (Uzun bir aradan sonra başyapıt izleyebildim. Bi ara tüm Bergman filmlerini dizi izler gibi izliyordum. Sonra fark ettim ki çok az kaldı. Bu ve bi kaç filmi daha stoklamıştım. Artık güzel film izleyemediğimi fark edince yine Bergman'ın sıcak kollarına sarıldım. Aslında ilk yarısıyla büyük hayal kırıklığına uğrasamda ikinci yarısıyla adeta tüylerimi diken diken etti. Kendime sordum "Bu adam daha ne yapsın?")

8. FISCHER's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Oeuvre difficile de l'incontournable Ingmar Bergman, sorte de large quintessence de toutes ses phobies et thématiques obsessionnelles (la violence, la réflexion sur l'art, l'impossibilité du couple et de l'échange, l'influence du passé, la peur de l'autre)... www.cinefiches.com

9. B o g d a n's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

10. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

11. beatrizatriz's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

but at the same time, there's a wall. i cant speak or show you that im happy. i can see your eyes but i can't reach you. i'm outside that wall, i've shut myself out. i'm so far away that... it's strange. i want to be tender and warm and alive. i want to be free. i'm afraid of being humiliated. it's like hell. i've accepted the humiliation and let it sink in. it's terrible to be a failure. i live without self respect

12. lIZUKA's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

13. marco's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

14. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

In between two masterpieces Persona and Cries and Whispers, this movie is like three Bergman movies patched together. It has some good scenes, like the bits with Max and Liv as a couple that can't stand each other, the dream sequence in black and white, and the subplot about the animal sadist, but the movie left me cold mostly and the experimental style of getting actors to comment of their characters distracted me.

15. Alan Alencar's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Review? Do I really need to review such a film; I can review some movies or a good drama film or any good film, but I cannot review great art for I have no such expertise.

16. miles's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

lots of mixed connection's. lies and love.

17. postblueink's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

8.5/10 (27.11.2015) i thought that film will simple for me, as a big part of it. I was wrong. It became my very intimate and personal. The feeling of loneliness, reference from the film Shame, the work of Nykvist and color screen, Anna`s red headscarf and her love. I am empty, as always.

18. Jalise's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

The Passion of Anna is just an affirmation of Bergman's ability to make the audience feel. Each scene flows into you via emotional waves that consist of an equal ratio of self reflexive dialogue and mise en scene.

19. δ.'s rating of the film The Passion of Anna

she wasn't all that impassioned though, was she.

20. Blumes's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Kieslowski must have been thinking of this in writing Blue.

21. Mike A's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Good, but not among the major Bergman-Nykvist collabs IMO. The self-reflexive, formatted narrative is fine--though, as with most of Bergman's avant garde gestures, it carries little conviction compared to the work of his more radical contemporaries--but it precludes the in-the-moment fervor that he needs to complement his morbidity. The sense of psychological horror is more theoretical than anything else.

22. Monsieur Arkadin's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

I think this is one Bergman's most powerful and most underrated films. The final shot is pure cinema, and I think one of the most potent images I've ever seen.

23. Lorna Singh's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

Not my favorite by Bergman,at times frustrating to watch.If there is a film that should not have 'Passion' in the title,this is it.

24. Andrei Herea's rating of the film The Passion of Anna

An intricate experiment with form and narrative, up to the point in which it resembles a meta-film. One of my favourite of his. The ending alone is enough to justify the film's unquestionable grandeur.