1. between7skies's rating of the film The Patience Stone

Extraordinary performance by G. Farhani, one that is impossible to shake, in a brilliant film on the harrowing wounds of war on people's lives.

2. Aoyama's rating of the film The Patience Stone

Based on Atiq Rahimi's novel "Pierre de patience", the story is centered on a married woman's conversation with her ill husband, in a country at war. The successful collaboration with legendary screenwriter Jean Claude Carrière proves once more that literature and cinema go hand in hand. The beauty of Golshifteh Farahani and her impeccable acting skills stand out as the perfect ingredients for this wonderful film.

3. 2626's rating of the film The Patience Stone

4. Renightz's rating of the film The Patience Stone

The Patience Stone could easily benefit from a shorter duration, but steered by an actress like Golshifteh Farahani, the movie never falls apart. It is the beauty of her sadness - or maybe the sadness of her beauty - that strikes us with its haunting presence and powerful visage. A superb tour de force by one of the greatest actresses of her generation - just wait for the final shot and you’ll see what I mean.

5. ha!'s rating of the film The Patience Stone

Naughty and Hypnotic, Patience Stone is like looking for water in eyes.

6. Hugo Vargas's rating of the film The Patience Stone

3.5 Very interesting proposal and some good dialogues, but yet some conservative shooting and scenes, some over sentimental moments and cliché close ups.

7. Sergey Belov's rating of the film The Patience Stone

I like the balance between theatricality and realsim at least at the first half of movie. could be an interesting play for theater tho. someone should adapt it

8. Ankush Samant's rating of the film The Patience Stone

This film has done poetic justice to an evening that I spent diving deep into every verse, and every scene. 100 minutes of pure bliss soaked me inside out, and I am having an out of body experience just watching the film once more. What more can you ask for?

9. nurbillurtas's rating of the film The Patience Stone

"Those who don't know how to make love, make war."

10. Michael Diers's rating of the film The Patience Stone

Ein Film, der zeigt, welch Kräfte in einer Frau schlummern und wie stark eine einst unterdrückte Ehefrau sein kann, wenn sie sich in ihrem Mikrokosmos vom Einfluss des muslimischen Mannes befreit hat. Ein Lehrstück nicht nur für Muslime, sondern auch für konservative Christen.

11. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film The Patience Stone

To European to fit into Afghanistan...

12. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The Patience Stone

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Patience Stone

14. ammar's rating of the film The Patience Stone

15. Anna's rating of the film The Patience Stone

I am really curious as to how many Afghan women Rahimi has talked to throughout his life. Another French film about the enslaved Afghan woman filmed in Morocco because Muslim countries are apparently interchangeable (it's like making a film about Paris in Siberia). Chicken soup for the Western soul, but nothing particularly provoking.

16. /katia's rating of the film The Patience Stone

17. santiago alzate botero's rating of the film The Patience Stone

18. DSPRKY's rating of the film The Patience Stone

The patience stone is an interesting concept, but it really doesn't lend itself to a film version. Farahani's character ends up clunkily telling (not showing) the story of her life to her comatose husband (read: the audience). This results in some awful monologues that left me cringing. Nonetheless, the performances are good and there is some decent narrative heft.

19. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film The Patience Stone

Despite the occasional overstatements, “The Patience Stone” is a solid achievement, drawing attention to a problem that seems far from being solved. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-patience-stone-2012.html

20. Graham Duncan Hill's rating of the film The Patience Stone

The film held my attention well. It was well acted and visually, everything was great. However the story was extremely predictable and reminded me of French films from the 60's ("Belle de Jour" and "2 ou 3 choses que je sais d'elle" come to mind). It's still a good film and I'd recommend people see it, it's just not life changing or anything. Also, I think Golshifteh Farahani may be the most beautiful woman on Earth.

21. Nadin's rating of the film The Patience Stone

I was a bit disappointed to see so many Western elements in the film. But it was nevertheless a decent cinematic work. More here: http://viewingfilm.wordpress.com/2014/01/26/the-patience-stone-atiq-rahimi-2012/

22. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film The Patience Stone

Un film semplice: la storia di una donna che racconta al marito in coma la sua vita senza filtri. Nulla di male ma nulla di che. Prossimo

23. Yuri La's rating of the film The Patience Stone

Disappointed, your expectations fall when you see an afghan film dressed by holliwoodian style and clichè. The impression is that this film was born for westerner audience, that's why many people here are well impressed.

24. Florence's rating of the film The Patience Stone

Farahani is just a beautiful looking woman, even crying and perhaps then even moren. and even if there are some passages I find a little cliché, the movie is like a fairy tale, with wonderful stills and colours and of course the music of Max Richter that fits perfectly.