1. El Biffo's rating of the film The Patsy

Wonderful. Jerry Lewis was one of the greatest clowns that ever lived.* * * * * In no particular order, The Big 3: Keaton, Chaplin, Lewis.

2. Bruno's rating of the film The Patsy

eu não sei ao certo o que é que me compele aos filmes de Jerry Lewis - de tanto que se escreveu sobre ele já, uma paráfrase de Godard, "a cara de Jerry Lewis, onde o cúmulo do artifício encontra a nobreza do documentário", assim é, entre outras coisas, também a alienação de um adolescente trintão, quarentão, cinquentão, pena que haja parado tão cedo, também eu já devia ter idade para ter juízo

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Patsy

Jerry Lewis est véritablement génial et certains gags frisent l'anthologie... www.cinefiches.com

4. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Patsy

***1/2. Really hilarious at times.

5. Brendan's rating of the film The Patsy

6. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film The Patsy

6 - The satire is as delightful as it is acerbic, and the bog-standard plot is elevated by a handful of simply sublime scenes (the flashback, the piano lesson and the barbershop being the standouts), but my single bone of contention is far too central to the film's quiddity for it not to sour the experience; Jerry Lewis is a superb director, but I can't stand him as a physical/character comedian. At least not here.

7. José Neves's rating of the film The Patsy

Let's rave: an entire movie built on the representability of representation, before the postmodern fallacies and modernist tics, which sublimates the persona of the author-demiurge, a misunderstood victim-terrorist of a formative world with a distorting and fracturing awareness of it. In passing, Lewis reconstructs the silent cinema in 3 sequences of an absolute scenic and melodic splendor. Ah, that flashback!

8. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film The Patsy

Once again Jerry criticises the show business system, still this satire is more ferocious than "Errand Boy". Since the moment that nobody put is first suit, appearing the reflection of George Raft (already an actor that no one remembers), became the process of creating a star. But Lewis have always some tribute gesture to cinema and the most beautiful moment is when is start giving money in the restaurant, like Raft.

9. Eleni Ashton's rating of the film The Patsy

10. Justin Bozung's rating of the film The Patsy

An incredible masterwork or satire on the entertainment industry. I actually as a fan of Lewis own his Bellboy jacket from this film in my private collection. Check out my 10 hour audio study of Lewis and his films here: It features interviews with many including Bill Richmond, the co-writer of this film . http://mondofilmpodcast.blogspot.com/2012/08/episode-07-genius-of-jerry-lewis-part.html

11. H. Jackson's rating of the film The Patsy

The Patsy probably ties with The Ladies Man as my favourite Jerry Lewis effort so far. Not as great in the laughs department as The Ladies Man, but it benefits substantially from it's more tragic content. A film that is often very funny (and often outright hilarious), but also a highly effective examination of the exploitative nature of the entertainment industry.