1. ghsdtgsdhgsdasghd's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

Ed and Nadine from Twin Peaks. Fun to rewatch if you've seen it when you were a kid. Otherwise trash, but very entertaining. Reminded me of Home Alone and AHS season 1.

2. PM's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

A horror movie that understands that horror movies are often secretly kids movies ... and feels satisfying as both. I actually find this film to be very sweet natured and humane.

3. Renton47's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

I've never bought Craven as a political filmmaker, so it was hard to be disappointed by the half-hearted efforts here. But on a visceral level this is a treat, even if we need to make some inferences for its satire of puritanical repression. The execution is audacious enough to remind me of shit I loved as a kid - like a Goosebumps remake of Don't Breathe. Also, officially the best gimp of the 90's.

4. Viginti_tres's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

Though Craven's attempting is to be lauded, for every potent moment that arises from politicising the slasher formula, there is a pretty problematic one that follows. For me the most offensive choice though was the repetition; the film doesn't go anywhere for most of its middle section. That it ends with a visual metaphor for both looting and welfare was a sour aftertaste too.

5. bernardovazdecastro's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

Craven it's quite unregular filmmaker. I understand some arguments that possible save these film (the political dimension or the people who live in the basement are not the evil, but the victims), but for me was such a boring experience too watch (especially on the "second" part, when the kid return to that house). It's much cartoon, too many gags and too hysterical.

6. Bob's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

Story of social inequality and corrupted elites presented as a satire full of horror movie trademarks such as urban legends, religious fanatics, family of lunatics, zombified humans and enough gore to keep fans of genre satisfied. At times feels silly but overall it's a non stop joyride leaving not much place to wonder what could've been if the movie went in a darker direction as it seemed at the beginning.

7. Pymo's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

8. Landen Celano's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

Batshit insanity muddled by flat direction.

9. Rocco's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

It all gets repetitive after awhile but it's such a good time! The satire is simplistic but effective, Wendy Robie and Everrett McGill make insanity look like art and "Fool" is probably one of the greatest heroes in horror filmdom. No part of it actually comes close to being scary but there's no other film quite like it and its uniqueness overshadows all of its flaws.

10. The Macho King's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

I remember my mother or uncle ordering this way back in the day,it was sooo back in the day you had to actually CALL in to your cable provider in order to get a PPV...whoa...

11. Mister No's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

12. Jp Diaz's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

if u from san francisco.....yeah, u know

13. Log Lady's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

A weird but fun mixture of kinky shit and Goonies-like children's adventure.

14. Richard Punch's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

Your father's one sick mother, you know that? Actually, your mother's one sick mother, too!

15. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

16. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

Totally mis-directed by Craven, easily one of his worst films

17. CCLZA's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

This film is unbelievably juicy. From the performances of the two parents (Robie's not afraid of taking it to another level to great effect), to the visceral shocks, the great art direction, the kinky/creepy elements, the black comedy. I loved everything about it. Plus, it's got like 5 endings one after another, ti's awesome.

18. Troy Savory's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

A Crazy film, not much more i can say.

19. Alarico Ciaramelli's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

The Goonies + Home Alone + a random horror. Brilliant.

20. Ember's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

21. Seth's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

The Goonies' fucked-up little brother.

22. Tisa's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

This movie gave me nightmares as a kid.

23. film_lies101's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

I haven't seen this since I was kid. So yeah, maybe the satire falls short or isn't as pointed as could have been, the film is a shit ton of fun with funny one-liners and Ed & Nadine Hurley going way over the top. I hate to be that person but fuck, they don't make horror films like used to.

24. christopherjohn's rating of the film The People Under the Stairs

Wish the last half was as fantastic as the first. I also wish Craven had NEVER added the comic element to his films.