1. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

Although I like Forman, Harrelson, and Norton (and both of the actors are pretty good in this movie), I didn't feel the magic. Maybe it's the unlikable nature of the main character, maybe it's the tacky "commentary" on the First Amendment, I do not know. But what I do know is that I expected a bit better than what I saw.

2. James Mackin's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

It's fun, but it's not my favourite Forman. Crispin Glover was great.

3. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

This is the best film I ever seen about the scope and importance of the First Amendment. It's not just because of the great points it makes about freedom and "morality," but also because (like "A Clockwork Orange") it challenges the audience with a protagonist that is, more times than not, hard to sympathize with. Freedom of expression is absolutely vital, even if we disagree with those expressions.

4. Ethan's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

This is an extraordinary picture that features knockout performances from Harrelson, Love, and Norton. Forman crafts a brilliant portrayal of one man's struggle to fight for every individual's right to say whatever the fuck they want to say and that freedom of speech should not be one sided.

5. Didier Pigeon-Perreault's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

C'était l’fun jusqu’aux scènes de jury

6. Richard Tines's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

Flynt is probably the least charismatic, most vulgar of the Forman freedom heroes that I've seen (although Mozart was portrayed (accurately?) as a juvenile prick). but, douchy as i may find him (and this film doesn't shy away from showing how ugly he can be (then again, see current leader of the "free" world) the constitution is an important thing .it IS America...remains to be seen (not wordplay) if it will keep...

7. Isa Reis's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

8. Ann Burden's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

9. chloe's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

10. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

11. JCPJD's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

It's ripe. At worst, the beats play out like a made for TV movie. At it's most ordinary it's a blindly one sided polemic on a popular cause that few will take issue with against the easy targets of fat, white republican men; and at best, a demonstration of the quiet, subtle talents of Woody Harrelson who is a far better actor than he'll get credit for.

12. Ramzi's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

A little flighty at times, but overall a very engrossing film of a story that was begging out to be made into one. Harrelson great, Courtney Love also very good. Norm Macdonald! James Carville! Wow!

13. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

Should be far more famous. Courtney Love is as obnoxious and jarring to watch as you'd expect, but Harrelson gives easily the performance of his entire career as the 'smut peddler' Flynt. It has a solid story, music and cinematography. All in all, engaging and certainly a little diamond in the rough. Watch!

14. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

An enjoyable biopic that sketches out the troublemaking life of the man who gave Hustler to the world, this benefits from a trio of very good performances - Woody Harrelson, Courtney Love, and Edward Norton.

15. Steve G.'s rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

Probably needs a re-release right now.

16. Luke Corradine's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

An overall good film no doubt although somehow it feels clunky in parts with most performances from secondary actors wooden and ill-directed. Equally some of the key plot elements - the early growth of Hustler or the first trial, for instance - feel lacking in momentum. Considering Forman's previous masterpieces, there's lacking in attention to detail albeit Herrelson's stellar performance.

17. Superfrog's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

The last scene is grandiose, with the supreme court. The rest of the film is like the character, a serious farce. Which is not all that pleasant.

18. Borislav's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

Particularly interesting film – I think it gives a lot we can think about. And, honestly, the issues and arguments nowadays are the same as in the 70‘s – “The People Vs. Larry Flynt” perfectly shows that.

19. chazell's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

20. FISCHER's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

Personnage étonnant, pour une oeuvre détonante... www.cinefiches.com

21. Rob Horsfall's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

22. j's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt

Stick with it. A great story. Building absurdity and stark truths. A pertinent plot for the current era.

23. ammar's rating of the film The People vs. Larry Flynt