1. João R's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

While it presents itself as elegant and mysterious, it then starts to turn as it tangles itself in its own elements. Until the end, it got lost - feeling etheral and painting a conclusion that doesn't feel organic nor satisfying.

2. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

I was expected a far more consistent movie. The film is alluring, elegant and aesthetically achieved with its subtle 70s flavour....but the script is so minimal, it goes nowhere, the ending is a complete waste, bloody non sense. I even tend to prefere "Pensione Paura" from the same director.

3. rulesofachia's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

Wow didn't realize people on Moobee hate this one so much. I think it's a fantastic psychological thriller and quite beautiful the way in which it toys with your emotions. Mimsy Farmer is so good!

4. Luca Soldati's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

Buona storia dal ritmo lento che appassiona e con un mistero che si dipana via via svelando una realtà inumana. Finale spettacolare e di forte impatto. La regia riesce a cambiare bene il tono delle scene, ma a volte si dilunga troppo. Atmosfera costruita bene e che inquieta. Fotografia molto buona, con inquadrature curate e ben strutturate. Colonna sonora di qualità. Personaggi ben caratterizzati e con bei retroscena

5. dianka's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

i mean.. the end scene and the soundtrack were pretty cool but like...

6. Eric Rucker's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

We are all mindfucker cannibals. (It takes a village.) Great acting from Mimsy Farmer, and on top of that she really did a really good imitation of Naomi Watts in Mulholland Drive. Or was it Laura Dern in Inland Empire. Anyhow, I'll betcha David Lynch saw this when it came out. Paula Rego, too. Some funny Freudian gags. Repays multiple viewings.

7. naokoken's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

"It's odd though. Twenty-four rose and two lilies. Funny, isn't it?" Spiral staircases, mirrors, the play of light, costumes, blood. "What is it? Everything's dark now. The boat is leaving. Water. Nothing but water." Sylvia wonders what is real. "I want to stop this game. You can't stop now. It's not a game. Close your eyes." A bit of a story arc. "'Have you solved the riddle? said the Mad Hatter turning to Alice."

8. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

A good giallo. Excellent ending.

9. jamesey's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

This one was captivating and mysterious, complete with some visuals intended to freak you out. However, I don't ever need to see it, or talk about it again. I'm not sure if I'm jaded to film like this, or it was boring to me.

10. David R Williams's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

It certainly hits all the right notes: strange camera angles, nightmare lighting, a fragile heroine who's grip on reality is already tenuous at best, a creepy little girl, a simple yet fairly incomprehensible plot....unfortunately it all never quite gels. There are better examples of giallo out there...any of Argento's pre-Suspiria films, "The House with Laughing Windows", various works by Bava. Still, not terrible.

11. Omus's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

I've come to the sad conclusion that Italian horror just isn't my bag. However, there are some decent moments of creepiness and it looks good. But, oof, that dub is terrible.

12. msmichel's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

OK chiller that finds a woman haunted by repressed memories that end in eventual bloodshed. Story has elements of possible black magic or cult activity but plays with the viewer that it may just be fevered fantasies of our protagonist. Drags a bit but sports good production values.

13. Kurt Tuohy's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

If you easily lose sense of time and appreciate a complete lack of safety net beneath the protagonist, you might like this movie. Consider pairing it with "All the Colors of the Dark" or "Lisa and the Devil" for a sleepless night. Sure, the script isn't perfect -- for example, the director didn't want the boyfriend character -- but it's miles better than most giallo. Anyway, why watch a giallo for the script?

14. MarAnhelo's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

Couldn't get past beyond the racism portrayed on this film.

15. Jonathan Donald's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

Reminds me of Rosemary's Baby. Very effective at raising suspense and paranoia, but ultimately uneven, and the denouement is disappointing. Worth watching, but not the best of the genre.

16. Miggy Angel's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

17. Ben Loory's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

i really loved watching this; i wish it was better. there's such a great mind at work, at least in the direction. every frame is just so, all the movement so meticulous, and the production design is flawless, love the colors. it's just all kinda goofy, though-- the story never gels, maybe because it's so convoluted and you're excluded from the character's real experience. i don't know. keep meaning to watch it again.

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

Little bit of Repulsion, a little bit of Rosemary's Baby. It had no concept of pacing whatsoever. You could easily skip a half hour somewhere in the middle. But stay tuned for the ending.

19. Matthew Martens's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

She shot pillows at me with her eyes, cool to the touch, but not unplush.

20. ijustgetbored's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

The pieces collect (while the heroine disintegrates) very slowly. The pacing is somewhat balanced by beautiful cinematography and ongoing visual cues (e.g. mirrors). It's Rosemary's Baby going through the Looking Glass with attendant horror and twisted psychology, but the film struggles to unite all its disparate parts with the chilling ending.

21. nessmj's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

wildly disjunct, often trite. the suspense of the film was often interrupted by a lack of purpose from scene to scene.

22. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

hitchcockian-softcore giallo! that i do think goes beyond "Tenant" in paranoia aspect n becomes The paranoia itself.

23. film_lies101's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

A boring copy of 'Rosemary's Baby'

24. Fırat Ataç's rating of the film The Perfume of the Lady in Black

Sadly, it's not all about style & beauty