1. João Ricardo's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

CINEMA IS THE ULTIMATE PERVERT ART. IT DOESN’T GIVE YOU WHAT YOU DESIRE – IT TELLS YOU HOW TO DESIRE

2. ZiggySan's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Despite being a bit tedious, I found this surprisingly enjoyable and interesting.

3. anadyomene's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Should I accept all the things he said because he's Zizek? Should I?

4. Guy-Philippe Côté's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

pretty straightfoward visually speaking but dammit. I could listen to Zizek talking about cinema all day

5. Diderot's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Extremely watchable and always fascinating dissection of the movies most useful for backing up Zizek's usual talking points, which are themselves worth the watch even without the well-chosen clips and references.

6. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

we are already always eating from the dumpster that is ideology.

7. Doe Deer's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

*sniffs* when fantasy disintegrates, you don't get reality. You get some nightmarish real, too traumatic to be experienced as ordinary reality. That would be another definition of nightmare. Hell is here; paradise –at least this perverse paradise– is hell. and so on

8. cruel Alice drops dead's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Задум ніби хороший, але сама подача зовсім мені не сподобалась.

9. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

10. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

11. LuísMarques's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

more like the pretentious' guide to cinema

12. nejurgi's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Can't take everything for granted since sometimes Zizek sees what he wants to see, but this definitely brought up some interesting points on how real life and our desires are represented in film 4/5

13. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Zizek talks in a dream language where you hear what he has to say, but a couple of minutes later it disappears. It's quite enjoyable, even if you can't touch it. "A fantasy realized becomes a nightmare."

14. MarcusArcus's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

15. Camille Javal's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

16. alecnoir's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

17. Ardaa's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

psychoanalysts shouldn't analyze a movie

18. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

A lot of critics over Hitchcock and Lynch's work mostly.

19. Meastro0's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Zizek's theory of movie can register every film as a masterpiece.

20. C҉ă҉t҉ă҉l҉i҉n҉'s rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

zizek is kinda like the donald trump of philosophy except nowhere near as intelligent or entertaining

21. crnstsc's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

0! i was going to ironically give it 5 stars, but i guess i'd just as soon delete my fucking account. the last person i wanna hear talking about cinema is this pathetic excuse for a philosopher. zizekiss my ass

22. Vincent T's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

I fucking hate psychoanalysis. And maybe there is something to this guy cult, but I don't see it yet. Somewhat entertaining. And two stars because I didn't finish the whole thing.

23. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

If you consider yourself a film buff you need to watch this film! Žižek jumps between films explaining his philosophical interpretation of them in a very engaging and streamlined fashion, which is sure to have you pondering for days.

24. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

"When fantasy disintegrates, you don't get reality. You get some nightmarish real, too traumatic to be experienced as ordinary reality. That would be another definition of nightmare. Hell is here; paradise –at least this perverse paradise– is hell."