1. Doe Deer's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

*sniffs* when fantasy disintegrates, you don't get reality. You get some nightmarish real, too traumatic to be experienced as ordinary reality. That would be another definition of nightmare. Hell is here; paradise –at least this perverse paradise– is hell. and so on

2. maksym hruszczenko's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Задум ніби хороший, але сама подача зовсім мені не сподобалась.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

4. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

5. LuísMarques's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

more like the pretentious' guide to cinema

6. nejurgi's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Can't take everything for granted since sometimes Zizek sees what he wants to see, but this definitely brought up some interesting points on how real life and our desires are represented in film 4/5

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Zizek talks in a dream language where you hear what he has to say, but a couple of minutes later it disappears. It's quite enjoyable, even if you can't touch it. "A fantasy realized becomes a nightmare."

8. MarcusArcus's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

9. Camille Javal's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

10. alecnoir's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

11. Ardaa's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

psychoanalysts shouldn't analyze a movie

12. Ligia Prodan's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

A lot of critics over Hitchcock and Lynch's work mostly.

13. Meastro0's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Zizek's theory of movie can register every film as a masterpiece.

14. Profund Finkăr's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

zizek is kinda like the donald trump of philosophy except nowhere near as intelligent or entertaining

15. cevausername's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

0! i was going to ironically give it 5 stars, but i guess i'd just as soon delete my fucking account. the last person i wanna hear talking about cinema is this pathetic excuse for a philosopher. zizekiss my ass

16. Vincent T's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

I fucking hate psychoanalysis. And maybe there is something to this guy cult, but I don't see it yet. Somewhat entertaining. And two stars because I didn't finish the whole thing.

17. Jimmi HRS's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

If you consider yourself a film buff you need to watch this film! Žižek jumps between films explaining his philosophical interpretation of them in a very engaging and streamlined fashion, which is sure to have you pondering for days.

18. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

"When fantasy disintegrates, you don't get reality. You get some nightmarish real, too traumatic to be experienced as ordinary reality. That would be another definition of nightmare. Hell is here; paradise –at least this perverse paradise– is hell."

19. Thijmen's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

I love Zizek's psycho-analytical interpretations of movies.

20. galimgim's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

How can you not love this man? Great thoughts are accompanied by violent hand gestures and frequent nose rubbing. Brilliant.

21. joana geraldo's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

22. Samuel.sotillo's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

A Lacanian exploration of how 'filems' tell us how to desire... on how cinema is the ultimate pervert's art.

23. anarresti's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

This is a wonderful introduction to Zizek. His incursions in the politics of romance, everyday life, society and the way ideology is constructed are made through some of his favorite movie scenes. We see him in the reconstructed scenes narrating after the scene is shown. And discover how psychoanalisis and politics can turn cinema into something even more deep and surprising. Reveal more. Or maybe add complexity.

24. Elayla's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Cinema

Enticing and creepy at the same time, in the same way he said that a fantasy coming true is called a nightmare. Maybe I'm just too easily impressed, maybe this wasn't even the point, but I couldn't tear myself away from the screen, even though it left me with a subtle, yet lingering sensation of rotten.