1. The Boreal Chorus's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Since, according to the twitchy Zizek, we are all perverts by virtue of our having been taught "how" to desire (unnaturally), the conclusions he draws about cinema are worth reconsidering. Equally likable and detestable, Zizek, who casually admits that he lied his way through his first psychotherapy experience, revels unashamedly in the contradictions of his considerable ego.

2. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

The most hated pop-philosopher of the world leads a viewer into the ideological labyrinths of cinema. Probably not worthwhile for a true student of film theory and gets quite complicated for an ordinary viewer. Still an enjoyable and informative affair in the end.

3. Sean O'Neill's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Very engaging. Sometimes hard to keep up with what he's delivering but I think this is something that is probably best consumed in multiple sittings anyways - maybe multiple times. Subtitles would have been nice as well.

4. James Mackin's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Watching Slavoj Žižek speak (with subtitles) is always a treat. Without subtitles, it's a challenge.

5. güneycan's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Funny but a bowl of spaghetti bolognese

6. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Excellent introduction into Marxist theory through psychoanalyzing film. Zizek excels in making complex topics approachable through using popular culture. The way this film was shot, inserting him in the films he discusses makes the viewing experience really nice.

7. Mitchel Hunt's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Owing to the format inherent to the film's concept, Zizek's arguments can seem disjointed, but the earnestly strange spirit of Pervert's Guide manages to balance whimsy and existential dread in this stream of unlikely musings.

8. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Excellent lecture, chopped down to digestible chunks thanks to crafty editing and use of film footage. Fiennes does a great job of adding deadpan humor that seems to fit Zizek's journeys into ideology perfectly.

9. shimown's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

A tour de force of lightning exposition of a complex, multi-faceted topic with redemptive guidance.

10. corycorycorycory's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

11. Edmund Poliks's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

I would love this so much more as a half-hour television series, since there are some truly fascinating film analyses being applied here. But perhaps because of the movie's bloated length or Slavoj Zizek's own verbal meandering serving as the backbone of the film, it's hard to stay completely engaged the entire time. Still though, it helped pad out my "must-see" movie list so that's something.

12. Jimbrowski's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Listening to this guy explain shit hurts my head, but in a good way.

13. Matt Piland's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Fascinating deconstructions of ideologies we see in films, advertising, and the real world. Things are kept interesting through clever and provocative aesthetics: violence, nudity, social upheaval, good advertising campaigns, and more. The subject matter really is dense, but I wouldn't mind watching it all a second time.

14. David R Williams's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

"The cost is included in the price." Truer words never spoken especially in the most negative sense of the word.

15. mpho3's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

"We should draw a line of distinction within the very field of our dreams. Between those wh[ich] are the right dreams pointing towards a dimension effectively beyond our existing society and the wrong dreams: the dreams which are just an idealised consumerist reflection mirror image of our society." - Žižek

16. Bernardo Anderson's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

A very interesting look into the ideology inside movies and popular culture. And how it frames our perception of things.

17. Will Carnes's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Entertaining gibberish about Lacan, Hegel and THE SOUND OF MUSIC. The most fun is when Zizek dresses up in a nun's habit.

18. Samuel Wells's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Ponderous. Meandering. Unfocused. This film concerns itself with answering the big questions that were never asked in the masterpieces that it draws from. Nor should those questions ever be asked. The director and her subject are so concerned with pursuing these social critiques that are readings of the films that are not otherwise there. It confounded me as the viewer. Watch the classics they draw from instead.

19. JaredMercer's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

His voice is not good for narration but the film is excellent. Loved it.

20. Joshua Hahn's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Deconstructionism always fascinates me, especially when it's done in a very accessible way

21. muse_x's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

Genius! Big ups to the director too.

22. caitlin.f's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

interesting deconstructions & loved the format, even with all the sniffling. last scene killed me tbh haha.

23. Ben Loory's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology

could be more focused but it's endlessly entertaining. i've probably watched this movie 10 or 12 times.

24. BrendanGriffin's rating of the film The Pervert's Guide to Ideology