1. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

One of the most hellish,deep-sorrow film experiences I've had. After watching David Holm's horrid, vile deeds the most fantastical element is that he gets reprieve from them. But his bubbling,mad prayer... Lord, please let my soul grow to maturity. those transparency shots!The childhood flashback! (tag Bergman) Oh and those early carriage shots, THE BEACH AND UNDER THE SEA,never have I seen such a thing!

2. FISCHER's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

>>> Une oeuvre inoubliable qui reste un monument du Septième Art... www.cinefiches.com

3. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

4. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

Great special effects, great use of tinting to compliment the scenes, great tour de force spectacle of Sjostrom, who wrote directed and acted. The recent restoration by Criterion is superb. Can't imagine this film looking any better. Puts Kinos work on silents to further shame. The new soundtrack fits perfectly. One of the best silents I have seen, but I prefer Sjostrom's own The Wind in terms of his works. Classic

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

Probably one of the best silent films I’ve seen. The special effects work well, and there are a couple of heart pounding moments that really are forebearers to thrillers and horror films that would come in the succeeding decades. One in particular scene is a clear influence on “The Shining.” I can also see why this inspired Ingmar Bergman to make films, and can see the affect it had on his outlook and style.

6. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

7. Juliana Senra's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

Currently reading The Idiot, the Sister's love strikes me as the same kind of pity love. Curious.

8. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

3-4. Marked an important advancement in cinematic storytelling, and remains fascinating in its own right.

9. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

10. Mahda Purmahdi's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

I could like it much more if it wasn't as romantically moralistic as it is.

11. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

It hands me my own beautiful beautiful life...

12. Dignan's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

I dislike excessive intertitles, ghosts, fantasy, flashbacks and winding narratives.

13. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

14. Mx Nihil's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

If it weren't for the overly moralistic tone, I would've liked it even more. A brilliant piece of silent cinema, nonetheless.

15. paxy's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

16. The Obsidian Mirror's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

Girato in un claustrofobico bianco e nero, reso magico dai numerosi giochi di luci e ombre, Körkarlen è un grande messaggero di vita, di morte e di speranza. Leggi tutto su: http://insidetheobsidianmirror.blogspot.it/2014/01/korkarlen-il-carretto-fantasma.html

17. Richie Hayes's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

Eerie, groundbreaking silent. Soundtrack is superb.

18. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

A journey to redemption that is poetic and eerie in equal measures. A silent masterpiece.

19. José Neves's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

Cinematography by John Julius Jaenzon.

20. Terri Wise's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

21. David Cohen-Tanugi's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

I tend to love expressionist-era European films in general, but Sjostrom's The Phantom Carriage was just fantastic. Definitely up there with the Murnau films.

22. Mitchell Corner's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

Thought I would include this as a pic for the filmography section. Nothing better suited for New Years eve/day then Sjostrom's The Phantom Carriage in which the last person to die before midnight on New Years Eve must take up the reigns as the Grim Reaper. Haunting silent imagery and a film most accredited to Bergman's career influence. If you ever catch it I can guarantee you will see some beautiful haunting things.

23. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

Watching this film in the dark of night with the KTL score proved to be a creepy and haunting experience. Perfect October viewing.

24. Ryan Browder's rating of the film The Phantom Carriage

I've been waiting for 5 years to hear that Criterion was going to release this... now my wait is finally over, and on Blu-Ray at that!