1. Jason's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

While sets and the lighting and the sundry related whatnot in THE PHILADELPHIA STORY are surely topnotch, they essentially dissolve. This is a movie that fundamentally rests on actors and words. Did I say actors? This is a movie that exploits (is practically about) the supernatural powers of movie stars. Hepburn is something else, man. In 1940 the cinema could get prostrate before the majesty of a straight-up snob.

2. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

3. McOpinionated's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

It's got the lot. Age improves it. Better than Wilde.

4. Disa's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

if I had to pick between Cary Grant or James Stewart, I too would be in total distress

5. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

Rewatched and re-loved. Katharine Hepburn is love.

6. wiwitaek's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

Even when James Stewart drunk, he is still the most charming man ever!

7. FISCHER's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

Du cinéma comme, on n'en fait plus depuis longtemps hélas, qui reste un vrai régal, un pur bonheur pour le cinéphile averti. Vraiment un incontestable chef-d'oeuvre d'humour et d'humeur en particulier la scène nocturne entre James Stewart, légèrement éméché et Cary Grant, fort dubitatif. Un succulent moment de cinéma à voir et à revoir, toutes affaires cessantes ! www.cinefiches.com

8. Deiner's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

So charming! Tracy Lord was often described as either a goddess or a queen in the film and I think those two words perfectly describe Hepburn's turn here; hypnotic and delightful. A true movie star!

9. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

At first, mostly fine, until a magical sequence in the middle which really brings the movie into focus. From then on it's easy to see why it's so highly regarded.

10. Kate's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

Amazing chemistry between these actors. I loved it! I wish it would have ended differently though. Still great.

11. belemir's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

12. elenagallen's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

13. James Mackin's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

It breaks my heart that Jimmy Stewart doesn't get everything he wants. But the dialogue makes up for it.

14. Ethan's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

This film is comedy gold and features an excellent cast.

15. Love Walked In's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

There was stardust in Hepburn's eyes.

16. Beatrice Lorenzini's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

17. Aardsy's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

In good old days married couples were randomly assigned.

18. SpacePirate's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

One of my personal favorites and have seen it at least 30 times. Dialogue literally jumps off the screen. Top 5 all time comedy

19. RoRoRoro's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

Des 2000 et quelques films que j'ai vu, j'en considère 32 comme étant "parfaits". Il en fait parti.

20. muh.'s rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

(2.5) definitely a weaker comedy but damn it, my love for hepburn, grant and stewart is stronger than that.

21. Beau de Jour's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

I'll never understand the big fuss about this movie. Hepburn has WAY BETTER pictures under her belt, expecially in her late years.

22. Muraki's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

one of my favorite screwball comedies.

23. Genre films > French New Wave's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story

It's a good movie with Stewart's most ridiculous performance (in a good way) until that absolutely, atrocious, awful ending.

24. HSBilly's rating of the film The Philadelphia Story