1. Juan Javier's rating of the film The Phonograph

casi todo lo de este director vale la pena

2. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Phonograph

Interesting, abstract work that gives lots of room for interpretation. Nicely shot in colour, introduces us to the inner workings of a phonograph; a reminder of the time long gone, quite nostalgic. The 6 minute format feels like a perfect choice.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film The Phonograph

Une sympathique curiosité technologique antique ! www.cinefiches.com

4. fearraigh's rating of the film The Phonograph

A playful and charming sketch from Borowczyk that no doubt appeared quite old-fashioned when it first appeared but which now looks a great deal more modern.

5. OzcanSolak's rating of the film The Phonograph

6. lou.'s rating of the film The Phonograph

Le gramophone, j'adore. C'est l'un de ces truc merveilleux et magique que mon pépé m'a laissé. Je suis pleine de mélancolie mnt.

7. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film The Phonograph

Sympathique, mais pas transcendant... Péché mineur de Boro sans panda.

8. captainfez's rating of the film The Phonograph

Autonomous wax cylinders: party bangers.

9. BUTTAUD's rating of the film The Phonograph

10. Ludovic72's rating of the film The Phonograph

Pour qui possède un gramophone, il est fort intéressant d'observer les rouages techniques de ce qui a précédé les disques 78 tours. En alternant les gros plans sur l'appareil, sur la collection de cylindres de cire et sur l'ancienne photographie d'une petite fille, le film dégage une jolie nostalgie, une certaine tristesse poétique, devant la disparition progressive des traces visuelles et sonores de cette époque.

11. jstuehler's rating of the film The Phonograph

12. Chichago_'s rating of the film The Phonograph

It's interesting to see how an old phonograph works in motion; I also love how the scenes lead us to see things in a more detailed perspective, such as the interlocking wood corner of a phonograph or the face of a girl in a picture.

13. Kadjavsi's rating of the film The Phonograph

14. Quattro's rating of the film The Phonograph

Rating Renaissaince I asked for more of that stuff. And well, I guess this should be it – except there was nothing to film (or animate) here. You're just supposed to sit there, watching again and again the same three semi-static shots for minutes. No thanks.

15. Adam Whybray's rating of the film The Phonograph

Borowczyk, like Beckett, knows that after the Great War we can't go home again. Western Civilization is already over - we just keep obsessively digging among the wreckage. Formally, a perfect little study in object defamiliarisation. Some of the framings recall interwar Devětsil photographs by the likes of Jan Lukas or Vera Gabrielova.