1. 94..'s rating of the film The Pianist

2. Vincent T's rating of the film The Pianist

3. El Biffo's rating of the film The Pianist

3.6* Not exactly sure how I feel about this one. I know that Polanski left Hollywood, sort of, but this is still a little bit too Hollywood for me. Entertaining but doesn't say anything new. I wouldn't watch it a second time, or tell anyone "You have to see this."

4. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Pianist

5. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The Pianist

Beautiful film although I did expect more from Adrian Brody's performance. It looks at the holocaust through the eyes of the individual rather than an issue of political oppression. I feel this is far too common in American films. Say what you will about Polanski, he can make a heck of a movie.

6. mpho3's rating of the film The Pianist

Described by Marc Bridle (Film Music on the Web) as "a sort of conscious dissemination in celluloid of [Polanski's] own wartime memories, ones he has largely refused to talk or write about until now," The Pianist is a true artistic achievement for the director and for Adrien Brody.

7. David R Williams's rating of the film The Pianist

8. Elijah Koome's rating of the film The Pianist

9. Elise's rating of the film The Pianist

This film shows and amazing internal and external journey of a composer who survives living in Poland during World War II. Like many historical period dramas, this one is both factual and entertaining in the sense that it is for the most part accurate in its historical aspects while at the same time tells a story to its audience. I gave this film a great rating because it was a great film and I recommend watching.

10. zubee's rating of the film The Pianist

Too little music. Too long a movie.

11. Brenda's rating of the film The Pianist

The Pianist is a gripping story of a man who loses everything and tries to make sense of what remains. As he watches his life deteriorate due to Nazi rule, the main character, Szpilman, struggles to cope with his family's fight to survive Polish ghettos. By using his talent to survive, Szpilman can garner some sense of normalcy, but the pain in well captured through the acting of the main character and the score.

12. Jenny Miranda UTR's rating of the film The Pianist

This film was fantastically put together. There is nothing I would change about this film. The way it was shot, the actors picked for this film. The script was well written, it was a perfect movie that moved it's audience into suck feeling so much sympathy for the Jewish community . I approve every award granted to this film, Adrien Brody did an excellent performance that had me in tears.

13. ArkenUltor's rating of the film The Pianist

Wow... no words, other than brutal. The modernization of humanity was ushered in with the most savage and disgusting display of mankind, World War Two. This film shows the true underbelly of survival in a world where everything is trying to kill you.

14. Emily Carrasco's rating of the film The Pianist

this movie changed me as a child but I hate you Roman Polanski go to hell

15. jasmine2121's rating of the film The Pianist

This film was amazing. The acting was amazing, the visuals were too, and wow the plot was incredible. I enjoyed how it was based on the concept of WWII. Adrien Brody did an amazing job at playing his role; really immersed himself into being this man who was deprived of his family and future, but still managed to survive. Sad story, but great film. 5/5 would recommend. One of the greatest films I've ever seen on here.

16. David Zimmerman's rating of the film The Pianist

17. Shawn Schroeder's rating of the film The Pianist

A Masterpiece. A vivid forced unraveling of the Jewish community in Warsaw. I appreciate how Polanski paces this film and how we as the viewer witnesses this from mostly the prospective of the protagonist.

18. Joshua Paolino's rating of the film The Pianist

Brilliant physical performance by Adrien Brody. This is--dare I say it in the light of the #metoo movement-- Polanski's masterpiece--and unlike Woody Allen, this film will survive the test of time and the cultural baggage as well. Beautiful and heart wrenching tale of humanity at a time when that resource was at an all-time low.

19. Ryan327's rating of the film The Pianist

20. Anca.'s rating of the film The Pianist

21. Wajih Katava's rating of the film The Pianist

。゚(。ノωヽ。)゚。

22. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film The Pianist

Polanski is better at terrifying people than most, and with a WW-2 film he terrified its audience in portraying the worst type of human suffering. It may be less polished than Schindler’s List, but equally tormenting.

23. yovargas's rating of the film The Pianist

It can be hard to rate Holocaust movies - you can't exactly say you "like" a movie filled with so much tragedy - but it is powerful and intelligent and presents enough of a different perspective to stand out amongst other WWII stories. Some slight pacing issues and a somewhat distant characterization keep it from the upper echelons but it gets a very solid B.

24. Tiagojeff's rating of the film The Pianist